Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Firestone Grand Touring World Championship

+8
CallMehDarkside
RetPetty
Plagued Almond
Om3ga73
SnippetyOggy86
B4D B0Y69
x DeadTaco x
Dominic Mako
12 posters

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Firestone Grand Touring World Championship

Post by RippednTorn Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 pm

My car is ready to go, just waiting on the number board to be sent.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Race Number : 9

Back to top Go down

Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Firestone Grand Touring World Championship

Post by Dominic Mako Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:45 pm

The number board itself will be a 50 x 50 white square. You may outline that square if you wish, and it can be high or low in this area. In front of this will be the red Firestone logo, which will be 30 x 30 in size. The IMSA logo will appear directly below that. These items are placed behind the front wheel.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Ok, sounds easy enough.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm sure I have an IMSA logo but not sure about the Firestone one? Could someone send me it and I'll see what kind of paint I can throw together tomorrow Cool
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:07 pm

The Firestone logo is one of the pre-made manufacturer logos in the vinyl editor.  You can use that one and resize it to 30x30 pixels.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyin Mikey J Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm

I will have to miss Rd1 as it conflicts with NASCAR at Sonoma, one of the very very few NASCAR races worth watching... besides I am sure I will have a LeMans hangover after 24.5 hours of SPEED coverage this year.

That being said, I will take the...

... I will finish that statement after testing out the cars.
Flyin Mikey J

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Prior to each race, there will be "events" that will affect PI adjustments and other conditions of the race weekend.  These will be posted in the thread as well as updated in the original post.  These may come early or late in the week, so please be sure to check the OP before each race.  This week's event...

* HOT HOT HOT

The Firestone Grand Touring World Championship makes its 1993 season debut this weekend in Barcelona, Spain at the fabled Camino Viejo Road Course circuit.  Being in Europe to kick off this season puts some pressure on the BMW teams to put in a good showing right away, but all the teams have put in some good laps during practice and appear confident.

It's been an unseasonably hot summer in Catalonia this June, and that has been partially blamed for the unrest in the area.  Newly elected Republican Left of Catalonia president Heribert Barrera has promised there will be no interruption of this year's event, as he and his followers believe this race will be a great chance to show the world all Catalonia and Spain has to offer.

Series chairman and Bridgestone/Firestone Senior Counsel member Gary Garfield expressed no such concerns about the demonstrations, stating "We're very excited to put on this first event, and we've been working with the track and local staff members to put on a great show highlighting the brand and these manufacturers."

Despite the unusual hot weather, everyone has high hopes for an exciting start to the first  Firestone Grand Touring World Championship season.

(Your crew chief warns you that the hot weather has had an impact on the engine's ability to pull in cool air.  Being at altitude as well doesn't help, because the air isn't as dense.  Despite their best efforts, you should expect power to be down by about 5% in both the GT Light and GTWC races this weekend.)
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:23 am

#42 Team Repsol Mazda here with the GTWC and GT Light.  

Please remember for your builds that the GT Light does not permit front or rear aero.  There are different livery rules for each class as well, with only one sponsor in the GT Lights.  After we complete the GT Light race, we will back out of the lobby to reset, so you can also load up your second livery at that time.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:28 am

Or have two seperate cars Wink
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Yeah, I'm using 2 cars as well.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 pm

RippednTorn wrote:Ok, I was thinking that it might accumulate as the series progressed. So for example in the GTWC, because you won the first few races you would still be at B500, while everyone else was around A540.

I think that would work best tbh, that way somebody would eventually win.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by PWNzillaBH Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:15 pm

I'll take either the BMW or the Ford
PWNzillaBH
PWNzillaBH

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Just my luck to spend all my time tuning for the C class (I never even managed to get round to tuning my Civic for last night's race because of it) and then go miss it Evil or Very Mad.

Really enjoyed the race with Bobbo in B class, though. He was pulling 100-150 ft away on the uphill and I was making up 150-200 everywhere else. Barring an accident, my only strategy was to try and nip in front at the bottom of the hill and hope he'd lose enough momentum to not take me back. I tried about 5 times, unsuccessfuly, and lost 100-200 ft each time in the process. Meaning I had to reel him in all over again. Twisted Evil  I even tried using Snip to get past by getting as close to his rear bumper as I could (sorry about the light, mate), which nearly worked. I sneaked through but actually had to lift off so not to hit Snip (did you let off on purpose? It was only a light and I said sorry Wink). Instead, I lost my momentum and didn't have the cheek to block Bobbo on the uphill (it was a good race/laugh moment though, admit it Very Happy)

Those 60 mins flew by, thanks Bobbo Wink
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:59 am

B4D B0Y69 wrote:Just my luck to spend all my time tuning for the C class (I never even managed to get round to tuning my Civic for last night's race because of it) and then go miss it Evil or Very Mad.

Really enjoyed the race with Bobbo in B class, though. He was pulling 100-150 ft away on the uphill and I was making up 150-200 everywhere else. Barring an accident, my only strategy was to try and nip in front at the bottom of the hill and hope he'd lose enough momentum to not take me back. I tried about 5 times, unsuccessfuly, and lost 100-200 ft each time in the process. Meaning I had to reel him in all over again. Twisted Evil  I even tried using Snip to get past by getting as close to his rear bumper as I could (sorry about the light, mate), which nearly worked. I sneaked through but actually had to lift off so not to hit Snip (did you let off on purpose? It was only a light and I said sorry Wink). Instead, I lost my momentum and didn't have the cheek to block Bobbo on the uphill (it was a good race/laugh moment though, admit it Very Happy)

Those 60 mins flew by, thanks Bobbo Wink
Yeah it was a great race, thoroughly enjoyed every single second of it. I was kinda nervous when I was leaving the pits because I thought you were gonna nip me entering turn 1, so I just threw the car in there like bat out of hell and prayed it stuck, thankfully it did. It was a very anxious moment going through the bottom of the hill with Omega and Snip around us as well, I still don't know how we didn't wreck each other, so Kudos to Omega for making it easy to get around him and Kudos to Snip on the double win and showing excellent patience whilst me and badboy settled out who was gonna finish 4th. You're right badboy them 60 mins flew by greatly because of us having so much fun. Now next week let's do it again fighting for 1st and 2nd....

Also, remember snip, you're handicap next week is to race with only 1 arm. Preferably your right arm
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:35 am

The first round of the Firestone Grand Touring World Championship was completed this weekend with the checkered flags dropped on the GT Light and GTWC races at Camino Viejo in Barcelona.  Qualifying was dominated by the Flying Australian Geoff in the #999 Champion Sparkplugs Nissan, but the day belonged to the Englishman Andrew in the #01 BMW powered All Wired Up machine.  Using a combination of superior acceleratoin and torque for the steep hills of Camino Viejo, he was able to sweep both the support race and all important GTWC event.  Geoff managed to keep a tight hold onto the second spot for both as well.  The sister BMW, driven by Robert Thomas, made a visit to the podium in the GT Lights, but couldn't manage the same in the GTWC event.  Dominic Mako slipped into third for the 60 minute GTWC race after a dismal showing for the Repsol Mazda in the earlier support race.

After the driver press conference was completed, the European Vice President of Toyota was overheard lambasting the effort put forward by the team in preparing their new Toyota Supras for this premier event, and vowed to address the team directly about their expectations going forward.

In a separate story, the protestors outside the Camino Viejo circuit attempted to rush the entry gates after the GT Lights race began, and police were forced to engage the crowd.  Two people were injured and there was minor property damage.  Republican Left of Catalonia president Heribert Barrera is expected to address this altercation in the coming days leading up to the second Spainish race on the calendar at the Iberian Circuit.

Weekend 1 Results

Race # 1 Results
1. Snip
2. Ripped
3. Bobbo
4. Dominic
5. Om3ga

Race #2 Results
1. Snip
2. Ripped
3. Dominic
4. Bobbo
5. Badboy
6. Om3ga

Current Standings

GT Lights
1. Snip - 15 points
2. Ripped -13 points
3. Bobbo - 10 points
4. Dominic - 8 points
5. Om3ga - 7 points

GTWC
1. Snip - 15 points
2. Ripped - 13 points
3. Dominic - 10 points
4. Bobbo - 8 points
5. Badboy - 7 points
6. Om3ga - 6 points

- Driver PI Adjustments - 

Dominic Mako - 1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7
GT Lights - Fail to finish top two in class: +5 PI and fail to beat Toyota OR Nissan in class: +10 PI points = +15 PI points
GTWC - Fail to finish top two in class: +5 PI and fail to beat Toyota OR Nissan in class: +10 PI points = +15 PI points

Bobbo - 1991 BMW M3 E30
GT Lights - Fail to finish in top two in class: +5 PI points
GTWC - Fail to finish in top two in class: +5 PI points

Om3ga - 1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo
GT Lights - Fail to win in class: +10 PI and Fail to beat Nissan AND Mazda in class: +5 PI points = +15 PI Points
GTWC - Fail to win in class: +10 PI and Fail to beat Nissan AND Mazda in class: +5 PI points = +15 PI Points

Badboy - 1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo
GT Lights - Fail to win in class: +10 PI and Fail to beat Nissan AND Mazda in class: +5 PI points = +15 points
GTWC - Fail to win in class: +10 PI and Fail to beat Nissan AND Mazda in class: +5 PI points = +15 points
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:03 am

"While I am very happy for my sister car/teammate to get the wins today, I am not thrilled with my own performances, I should have been faster, Jason(Ratcliffe,his crew chief) and myself just couldn't get agreed on what needed to be done to the car to get it to be faster." 

That is what driver of the #7 Efficient Dynamics BMW M3 Robert Thomas said after in his mind a disappointing finish in the 2nd race today during the Firestone Grand Touring World Championship opener at Camino Viejo. Thomas, who will unveil a special MTN Dew/Redbull paint scheme over the course of this week was not too happy with his car and got into a verbal confrontation with his crew chief Jason Ratcliffe at the end during post race inspection, cooler heads prevailed and they worked out the issues heading towards victory lane to congratulate their teammate/sister car Andrew. 

"Hopefully I'm faster next weekend, I know I got some adjustments to make to the car and I am confident that Jason and I will get on the same page and will get this car figured out, I like how it drives, I just have never done well at Camino and was hoping to turn my luck around". 

Next week the Firestone Grand Touring World Championship enters round 2 at the Iberian Circuit, where Thomas has not run well there either. But Thomas and Ratcliffe are confident that they will turn their luck around and snag a podium or possibly a win.
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:27 am

I'll go for the BMW In next weeks race

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 pm

Some great racing today, thoroughly enjoyed it. It will be interesting to see how the next race goes with 15 PI less than everyone else.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Post race statement indication of new Toyota technical staff?

Toyota GB voiced their disappointment today at what was a very underwhelming showing at yesterday's FGT World Championship opening weekend.

Toyota's hopes of a sparkling debut were dashed instantly when, amazingly, the car for the GT light class failed to even show up! Sources close to the team, claim that rumours of Logistics Chief Stan Laurel having dinner with his family whilst the race was being run, may have elements of truth in them. Driver Paul Smith was visibly perturbed as soon as it was evident that the car wasn't going to be available for qualification and became increasingly agitated as the race got underway. "He didn't like missing the quali, that was obvious, but he handled it really well." said Head Valeter, Miss Ivana Gettentoppe." As the race went on, though, he was just pacing up and down the paddock. It was clear he wasn't happy. I can tell when he's not happy." she added.

Head of Valeting, Miss Ivana Gettentoppe

Things seemed to be looking up when the car for the GTWC arrived just as the first race was concluding, only to be further marred by what Chief Technical Officer Oliver Hardy described as a "technical problem". It is understood, however, that Mr. Hardy places sole blame on his Logistics Chief. Prior to the release of the press statement, Mr. Hardy, unaware that the microphones had already been switched on, was clearly overheard saying to a tearfully distraught Mr. Laurel, "This is another fine mess you've got me into!".

The statement added further to the "technical issue" in question. "It would appear that not only were we unable to get a car here in time for race 1, when we do finally turn up, we bring a car that was woefully under-tested. Apparently, our technical team find it sufficiently acceptable to just bolt on some shiny things and think 'job done'. Well, I'm here to categorically state that this isn't acceptable at all. Believe you me, heads will roll over this", said Race Project MD, Henry Tudor.
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by PWNzillaBH Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:46 am

Here we are at the track with Ford's newest driver for the unveiling of the new number 31 Intel Ford Mustang Cobra.  We have a reporter standing by with the driver.

Reporter:  So Jeff, how does it feel to finally be back in a race car?
Jeff:  It feels great, me and my team had a few months off and it's just awesome to get back on the track and to be driving this new Ford Mustang Cobra.

Reporter:  Tell us a little about the new Ford you will be driving?
Jeff:  It all started a few months ago when we approached Ford about racing for them.  And they had this exciting new sponsorship with Intel to run a touring car to commemorate the new Pentium Microprocessor.  And we all thought a new young driver like myself would make a good fit in this car.  And let me tell you Ford really brought an amazing car to the track with this mustang.  It really grips good in the corners and has some all-American muscle under the hood to throw some power down and really fly out of the corners.

Reporter:  Well, best of luck to you Jeff in the upcoming Series and now to the unveiling of the new Ford Mustang Cobra brought to us by Ford and Intel.

Spoiler:
PWNzillaBH
PWNzillaBH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Side note - 

• First Intel P5 Pentium CPUs at 60 MHz and 66 MHz launched in 1993
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 pm

* Race Event - It doesn't always stay on the plain.

After an exciting debut to last week's Firestone Grand Touring World Championship in Camino Viejo, it appears weather will be a major factor yet again.  Heavy rain and thunderstorms have been sweeping through the area, and the Iberian International Circuit has been swept clean of all rubber laid down by this week's practice.  Although the sun has started to peek through the clouds, the track is still damp in spots.  The GT Lights race in particular may be affected.

The rainy weather has not dampened the spirits of Catalonian protesters, who have descended on the Iberian International Circuit ahead of the second round of the Firestone Grand Touring World Championship.  Representatives from the Republican Left of Catalonia were spotted among the gathering, spreading the message that the populace was upset with the money spent by the Spanish government to sponsor these two opening races in Spain.  The large gathering has created transportation issues in the area around the race track, although race organizers have promised the event will be held without delay.

(Your crew chief has warned the dampness and lack of rubbering-in will cause the GT Lights race to have a 10% grip handicap, which will rubber-in a bit by the second race to give the WGTC cars a 5% grip handicap.  Due to the protests, some of the track staff will have a late arrival.  The qualification for the GT Lights race will be suspended.  Lobby setting will have a random grid for the race and there will be no restart in the event of a collision.  Normal qualification and restarts will resume for the GTWC race.)
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Firestone Grand Touring World Championship - Page 2 Empty Firestone Grand Touring World Championship

Post by RippednTorn Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 pm

There was quite a bit of lag, especially at the start of race one. Maybe it was because I was downloading something. And sorry Snip, I didn't realize you were on my inside going into turn 1 at the start of the 1st race. I didn't mean to cut you off like that.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:20 pm

I know, it's ok Smile
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:52 am

The unpredictable Spanish weather threw one more curveball into the proceedings at the Iberian  Circuit for the second round of the Firestone Grand Touring World Championship, but the drivers and teams managed to find their way through both races over the weekend with little incident.  

The damp pavement and lack of a rubbered-in track made for some careful maneuvers around the 1.14 mile short circuit for the GT Light cars.  Qualification was cancelled due to the late arrival of track staff, which allowed Dominic Mako's #42 Mazda to sit on pole, but it was a position he was unable to manage for long as Mr. Ogden sliced his BMW through the field to take the victory.

The track seemed to dry out a bit for the second race, which saw a tighter battle up front between the Mazda and BMW yet again.  The lead position was swapped a couple occasions, and disaster nearly struck the All Wired Up team while negotiating lap traffic, but the closing staged stayed true to form where the #01 BMW shone through yet again.

Although settling for second wasn't their stated goal, Mazda will be happy to see their car setting the pace ahead of their Japanese rivals.  The Toyota team is left scratching their head a bit as they struggle to come to grips with their new Supra.  Sources indicate a redoubling of efforts and more funding in their garage for the next event in Germany.

Weekend 2 Results

GT Lights Race
1. Snip
2. Dominic
3. Ripped
4. Badboy
5. Taco

GTWC Race
1. Snip
2. Dominic
3. Ripped
4. Taco
5. Badboy

Current Standings

GT Lights
1. Snip - 30 points
2. Ripped - 23 points
3. Dominic - 21 points
4. Bobbo - 10 points
5t. Badboy - 8 points
5t. Taco - 7 points
6. Om3ga - 6 points

GTWC
1. Snip - 30 points
2t. Ripped - 23 points
2t. Dominic - 23 points
4. Badboy - 14 points
5t. Taco - 8 points
5t. Bobbo - 8 points
7. Om3ga - 6 points

- Driver PI Adjustments - 

DeadTaco - 1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7
GT Lights - Fail to finish top two in class: +5 PI & Fail to finish in top two in class: +5 PI points = +15 PI points
GTWC - Fail to finish top two in class: +5 PI & Fail to finish in top two in class: +5 PI points = +15 PI points

Ripped - 1992 Nissan Silvia CLUB Ks
GT Lights - Fail to beat Toyota OR Mazda in class: +5 PI points
GTWC - Fail to beat Toyota OR Mazda in class: +5 PI points

Badboy - 1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo
GT Lights - Fail to win in class: +10 PI and Fail to beat Nissan AND Mazda in class: +5 PI points = +15 points
GTWC - Fail to win in class: +10 PI and Fail to beat Nissan AND Mazda in class: +5 PI points = +15 points
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next