Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Manual w/Clutch question Vote_lcap20%Manual w/Clutch question Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Manual w/Clutch question Vote_lcap40%Manual w/Clutch question Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Manual w/Clutch question Vote_lcap40%Manual w/Clutch question Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Manual w/Clutch question

+2
Othelion
Honest Outrage
6 posters

Go down

Manual w/Clutch question Empty Manual w/Clutch question

Post by Honest Outrage Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Sorry if i am using the wrong forum, but i have a question!

Firstly i use a controller to race with, i tried a wheel and pedals and found it a lot of fun, but i'm no where near as good as i am on the controller! So back in FM4 i would race manual w/clutch, and have the clutch and handbrake button flipped, so you can press A button and X/B at the same time, and it worked fine.

However I've tried it in FM6 and it just plain wont work!!

Whenever i change gear using the clutch, regardless of whether i'm changing up or down, the needle will bounce off the limiter for maybe .5 of a second before selecting the next gear. There's no crunching gearbox sounds, so even with sim damage, it dosen't damage the gearbox, but it does mean a very slow gear change.

Am i doing something wrong, or has this dynamic of the game been changed?

Does the clutch make as much of a difference as it did back in FM4?

Thanks for any and all answers.
Honest Outrage
Honest Outrage

Race Number : 33

Back to top Go down

Manual w/Clutch question Empty Re: Manual w/Clutch question

Post by Othelion Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:29 pm

It does the same for me on FM4 as on FM6. If you're in a lower tier car with a slow gearbox then you're revving a while, but it did that in FM4 as well. It's still better than manual w/o clutch.
Othelion
Othelion

Race Number : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:18 pm

I concur with Othelion.  If you're in a C or D class car and don't have the race trans upgrade, there will be a delay in gear selection.  Try out some of the race spec cars and I think you'll see it upshifts faster.  

I've only ever driven with the clutch, so I cannot confirm if it's faster in FM6, but I raced people w/o clutch in FM5 and I beat them off the line every time.  It appears most of the tuning and handling has carried over from FM5, so I assume this is the same as well.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Honest Outrage Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:47 pm

I feel stupid!! I've only tried it with the first cars you use, the D and C classes!

You guys are right, i should of tried it after upgrades and with higher tiered models. Glad i'll be able to go back to using the clutch though.

Ignore the new, stupid guy!! Thanks guys.
Honest Outrage
Honest Outrage

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen0913 Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:01 pm

I did a bunch of races in the leagues, and I can tell you for certain that manual with clutch is still faster than manual w/o clutch.  I was beating Subarus off the line with a '70 Challenger.  
BigBen0913
BigBen0913

Race Number : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by I Am Afroduck Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:57 pm

From having my arse handed to me on a weekly basis on circuits with a straight back in the FM4 days. I can confirm with clutch is better.

I don't like it personally though. I feel more consistent without clutch and I feel like my overall race pace is better.
I Am Afroduck
I Am Afroduck
Painter
Painter

Race Number : 888

http://the-ducks-view.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Honest Outrage Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:57 am

Well, i tried it again last night with some upgraded cars, and yep, you guys are spot on!! How embarrassing!! But i'm glad i can use clutch again now!

Whatever works for you i guess is the way to go Afroduck.
Honest Outrage
Honest Outrage

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:51 pm

The only cars that I suggest you not using Manual with Clutch with is the IndyCars, using Manual with Clutch will just bog you down and you won't get nowhere because the cars have auto clutches due to the pedal shifting features, mainly on all race cars it's a hinderance to use Manual with Clutch, but on street cars it proves to be vital to run Man w/clutch
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Othelion Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:49 pm

Somehow a standing start with manual with clutch is almost impossible in some LMP's and the F1. I use normal manual shifting when driving those cars.
Othelion
Othelion

Race Number : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Othelion wrote:Somehow a standing start with manual with clutch is almost impossible in some LMP's and the F1. I use normal manual shifting when driving those cars.
Because them cars have automatic clutches that don't need us to push the buttons for the clutch. IndyCars, LMP1s and F1 cars MUST be ran with just regular manual to make them get off the line properly
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: