Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

MSM D1GP Vote_lcap20%MSM D1GP Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
MSM D1GP Vote_lcap40%MSM D1GP Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
MSM D1GP Vote_lcap40%MSM D1GP Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

MSM D1GP

5 posters

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MSM D1GP

MSM D1GP Vote_lcap18%MSM D1GP Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
MSM D1GP Vote_lcap41%MSM D1GP Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 7 ]
MSM D1GP Vote_lcap12%MSM D1GP Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
MSM D1GP Vote_lcap29%MSM D1GP Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 17

MSM D1GP Empty MSM D1GP

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:07 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
The MSM D1GP

The MSM D1GP will be held over 3 weeks. Each week, contestants will be placed into a tournament style 1v1 draw, you face 1 opponent per round and if you win, you will progress on, if you lose, you're out. This means there will be a Bo16, then a Bo8 and so on until someone wins that stage of the series. Points will be awarded accordingly.

1 actual 'battle' in the tournament consists of at least 2 runs of the course by the 2 people involved. For the 1st run, 1 player leads and the other follows. Normally the distance the follow car keeps between the lead car and himself would be a major factor in determining the outcome of that run, but because this is very difficult to do, we will not be judging this aspect of the run. Instead there will be 3 different factors of both driver's drifts that will be judged:

Spoiler:

Each of these scores will be out of 10 points making a total of 30 per run. Whoever gets the most points will win that run. The battle is like deuce in tennis, whoever can win 2 runs in a row first will win the battle, and runs will continue until someone does this, taking turns to be the lead and follow cars.

There are some things which will lose you the drift immediately:

Spoiler:

The Cars

If people need help setting one up I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will be willing to help, and I will probably set up a separate thread about it if this, but for the purposes of this competition there are a few regulations which will be enforced. Here as the basic guidelines that encompass all cars competing:

Spoiler:

In addition to these rules, the type of car you choose is also slightly restricted. Just like turning up to Le Mans in a GT500 car would be ridiculous, so to would turning up to this series in something like a Ferarri California. Certain cars will not be allowed, there is not going to be an official list but basically, if you don't think it should be drifting, chances are it shouldn't be there. This means cars such as small city cars (Golf GTI), exotic super cars (Mercedes SLS AMG) or completely ridiculous stupid cars (Chrysler PT Cruiser). A good rule of thumb is, if its Japanese or American, its good to go. Oh and this should go without saying but.

NO FORD PINTO

The Paint

Paint schemes will be very open ended, however like the ALMS series you will be required to feature the series' number board on the sides and hood of your car. Your driver name with country of origin should also be on the door of the car. Other than that go wild. The side board will be available on my SF.

When

TBA. However popular times are between 8 - 9:30 PM on Friday or Saturday.

Tracklist

STAGE 1: Ladera Test Track

Video cut out early, but after that turn the run ends.

N.B. Judges please PM me to express interest.

Last edited by FlySoGood on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 10 times in total

Back to top Go down

MSM D1GP Empty Re: MSM D1GP

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 am

Here are some tutorial videos on drifting.
I've tried drifting, but I'm terrible at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Well of course I'm in for this. I mean my car is only in one of the OP pics...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:33 pm

im in.... but not liking the restrictions on cars like i have an low r3 s15 i would drive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Jeff, its been standard competition rules for a looong time that R3 is not allowed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Om3ga73 Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Rehab Jeff wrote:im in.... but not liking the restrictions on cars like i have an low r3 s15 i would drive

Om3ga73
Om3ga73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:02 pm

then I'm out, sorry just the only drift car I'm decent with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 pm

It's all debatable guys nothing is concrete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:06 pm

if its unlimited hp then why have a class restriction? you already can upgrade every handling part and most engine parts anyway why does it matter to go to 713 r3? the only reason why im bitching is i bought this off the store front and is quite good for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:44 pm

haha no I guess you're right, we don't need to be stringent with that rule because everything is unlimited. I'll change it up now

Back to top Go down

Post by slasher99999 Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 pm

If I can learn to drift, I'll enter. Can I use my 908?
slasher99999
slasher99999
Test Driver
Test Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:50 pm

slasher99999 wrote:If I can learn to drift, I'll enter. Can I use my 908?

No racing slicks Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by slasher99999 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm

AngelKristensen wrote:
slasher99999 wrote:If I can learn to drift, I'll enter. Can I use my 908?

No racing slicks Razz
That was a joke, lol. I'm probally going to use the cobalt tutbo with battle machene paint. (Allthough that was a drag racer)
slasher99999
slasher99999
Test Driver
Test Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Cobalt can't be converted to RWD if I remember correctly, or maybe thats just the newer one.

Back to top Go down

Post by slasher99999 Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:30 pm

FlySoGood wrote:Cobalt can't be converted to RWD if I remember correctly, or maybe thats just the newer one.
Damn, it cant i really wanted an excuse for driving that car. then i will swap to the 1994 Honda Civic 1.5 VTi, i think that can be RWD converted. (and I will have VTAK NOOOOOOOOBZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111)
slasher99999
slasher99999
Test Driver
Test Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Fly you and me must tandem practice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:33 pm

FlySoGood wrote:

In addition to these rules, the type of car you choose is also slightly restricted. Just like turning up to Le Mans in a GT500 car would be ridiculous, so to would turning up to this series in something like a Ferarri California. Certain cars will not be allowed, there is not going to be an official list but basically, if you don't think it should be drifting, chances are it shouldn't be there. This means cars such as small city cars (Golf GTI), exotic super cars (Mercedes SLS AMG) or completely ridiculous stupid cars (Chrysler PT Cruiser). A good rule of thumb is, if its Japanese or American, its good to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 pm

AngelKristensen wrote:Fly you and me must tandem practice

YES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 pm

i will try to get in on this. i dont think im good enough to even race in any series right now. last race i qualified like 8 seconds slower then everyone else. i need a lot more drift practice, its frustrating when u start spinning out

Back to top Go down

Post by Om3ga73 Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Those tutorials are pretty helpful. If you can get the general idea from those down, then just practice on your own and see what works for you.
Om3ga73
Om3ga73

Back to top Go down

Post by slasher99999 Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 pm

already have a basic tune and design [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
slasher99999
slasher99999
Test Driver
Test Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:43 am

Ok I'll have a look into the track selection when I get a chance.

My internet is just a little bit fucked all the damn time and I have trouble uploading movies to the store front so I'm gonna need to work out some way of filming the course videos. I might follow VFD's courses since they are already set out. Ignore the speed section thing, we won't be using that rule set.

Oh and here's a pic of the number board. Its on my SF so go grab it, I may have forgotten to make it free I'm sorry about that, I'm too lazy to go change it because my Xbox is already off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 pm

i voted for option 4 .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:11 am

so you voted for YES!
?

Back to top Go down

Post by I Am Afroduck Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:52 am

I've had a quick go but I'm struggling to get this down to a fine art. Some tuition would be helpful, I'm more interested in producing the paint and making the car look good to be honest Very Happy
I Am Afroduck
I Am Afroduck
Painter
Painter

Race Number : 888

http://the-ducks-view.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next