Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Introduce Yourself - Page 17 Vote_lcap20%Introduce Yourself - Page 17 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Introduce Yourself - Page 17 Vote_lcap40%Introduce Yourself - Page 17 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Introduce Yourself - Page 17 Vote_lcap40%Introduce Yourself - Page 17 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Introduce Yourself

+36
LS FOGGY
ApexPredator V3
PENDY 757
philinator24
hunty1981
NZ Rosco
Peugeots Back
BigBen0913
CE181180
ReadingRich
Rebel Whitey
skullarmy
canesGS
XB6 Broomzke
d4ninho
g35gomba
consult
hillcrest34
PWNzillaBH
SKISMO
LoneStranger
x DeadTaco x
Plagued Almond
RippednTorn
B4D B0Y69
SimF40
SnippetyOggy86
I Am Afroduck
slasher99999
Othelion
Clark GriswoId
Toasterr x
Jimsalad
CallMehDarkside
RetPetty
Dominic Mako
40 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Introduce Yourself - Page 17 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by CallMehDarkside Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:44 pm

O THE LION!!!!!! whats up buddy? glad to have you back
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by philinator24 Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Hey everyone, Phil here

25, live in Colorado. Been playing Forza obsessively since Forza 2. Car freak IRL as well, currently drive a Pontiac G8 GT, and it is an accomplishment if my tires last more than a full calendar year (you know... canyons). 

Outside of that I am a decent driver online, have 2 friends that consistently like to try and break into top 500 on leaderboards. Excited to see where this forum will take me!
philinator24
philinator24

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:11 am

Very cool to have u with us Smile we have an abc race scheduled for the 26th. Hope to see u there
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by PENDY 757 Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:39 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm Pendy, 28. I live in Olympia, WA and am currently serving in the US Army. I usually play most evenings and sporadically throughout the weekend, PST.

I've been playing Forza since the original. I never got into playing online outside drifting and drag racing. I finally decided to see what Forza racing was like on line, as single player in FM6 is rather dull. I don't know what took me so long, I'm never going back! In past games I usually posted lap scores in the top 5% or so, usually without a 'leaderboard car' or any tuning. I know rivals' times is a completely different animal compared to online. I would classify myself as a rookie when it comes to racing with other people but I'm eager to learn and get better. I'm pretty decent with the livery editor and am getting better at tuning.

I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to MSM, is there anything else I need to do to join the team, or am I already a member? Either way I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to some good CLEAN racing and improving my skills. I'd be interested in having a mentor/group to help some of us n00bs out. Not sure if you all have a program in place for that already.
PENDY 757
PENDY 757

Race Number : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Welcome to the team. We're about as casual a group there can be and still call itself a team. Getting your race number picked is pretty much all there is left after that.

While hotlapping and racing are different in some respects, the focus and tuning needed to hit that perfect lap translate pretty well to organized racing. Random online hoppers tend to be more aggressive than what you'll see in a team environment. Because our races usually run from 30-45 minute a pop, there isn't the urgency to ram and block everyone for 3 laps.

We'll have an official series posted in the next few days to follow our informal meet-up. If you see me on XBL say hello.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by PENDY 757 Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:33 pm

Ok sweet nice too meet ya! I feel you on how the public hoppers are a total smash fest. I guess I'll start adding everyone's gamertag on XBL.

EDIT: Is there a thread where I can find other members' Gamer Tags? Can't really find anyone's.
PENDY 757
PENDY 757

Race Number : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Othelion Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:53 pm

Welcome to MSM, feel free to add me and several others. Most have the same gamertags as usernames!
Othelion
Othelion

Race Number : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by ApexPredator V3 Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Hello all, ApexPredator V3 here. I just registered after finding your group on the Forza 6 Racer's Lounge. I've been playing racing and rally sims ever since Gran Turismo. I've played every Forza since the first and I finally left Gran Turismo for Forza 3 since the community features were well executed and the physics were rapidly improving. I'm fast and competitive without resorting to cheap tactics, cheating, or leaderboard cars. I was typically in the top 1-5% in Forza 5 with no assists except traction control if the car likes to spin wheels. I've been playing a lot of multiplayer and find myself missing clean racers quite a bit. I look forward to racing with people that race properly instead of dodging vehicular missiles, lol. 

My passion for racing extends beyond the video games. I'm an avid grassroots racer and track enthusiast. I was lucky enough to spend 8+ years stationed around the country in the Army and I used those opportunities to race in Autocross, Rallycross, and Track Days. I've got over 7 years of experience behind the wheel at various events. I'm passionate about cars and racing in general and it shows. I had a 2004 STi that was fully track-prepped, but I traded it in for a practical car as I left the Army because the real world is scary and unknown to me, lol. I haven't gotten the opportunity to race as much as I like, so Forza is the next best thing. Eventually, I plan to buy another sports car. I'm currently torn between the BRZ or GTI. 

I won't be able to race this weekend or next because I'm going on vacation and getting married! I'll be back on the 10th, so I'll catch the races on the following Saturday. I actually just added Phillinator from the clean drivatar thread, so I consider that a good sign of things to come. I look forward to racing all of you soon!
ApexPredator V3
ApexPredator V3

Race Number : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:02 pm

We've got one new member moving into a new house and another just getting married. A lot of big life changes going on around here.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LS FOGGY Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Good evening guys, my name's Laurie, or Meowingtonsz on't box. I'm an 18 year old (eek, I know - don't be fooled, I'm no kid) from Manchester that's spent his entire life encapsulated in the world of motorsport. Huge fan of anything with wheels from any flavour of the sport, with heavy interest in Blancpain GT and BTCC. 

I've been playing Forza since mid way through FM2/Release of FM3 and regularly find myself setting decent top 200 times on various leaderboards. Did a couple of races with the TORA guys during FM4 and was instantly won over with the mature attitude and clean racing. Itching to get out of standard public lobbies and race some like-minded folk! Looking forward to turning a wheel with you guys. Feel free to add me on the ol' Xbox and shoot me a message if you fancy a race.

Cheers,
Laurie.
LS FOGGY
LS FOGGY

Race Number : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Welcome, Laurie. We're hoping to put together some group efforts in TORA as well, so your experience there would be valuable. We'll also have some club races separate from their league where it's a bit more casual. Hope to see you on the track soon.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LS FOGGY Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Cheers for the welcome, Dominic. Anyone wishing to add me on XBL go ahead, I'll get round to sending a few of you FRs later this evening.
LS FOGGY
LS FOGGY

Race Number : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Honest Outrage Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:19 am

Hello all, i'm Kurt, from London, been sober for........... no no i joke! just signed up after looking for racing groups on FM.net.

Been playing Forza for a long time, but i completely missed FM5 (real life happened for a while, and the xbox had to take a back seat!) but i'm looking forward to getting back into things with FM6.

I'm not the fastest, but i enjoy clean racing, which is why i can't play in the hoppers!

I used to be a competition organiser for WLR (World League Racing) back on FM4, but they all left Forza behind to play iRacing.

Looking forward to meeting you all, and looking forward to some lobbies.
Honest Outrage
Honest Outrage

Race Number : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Hello, Kurt. Hopefully the transition into FM6 won't be too difficult. There might be some tuning items that are a bit different, so if you have any questions feel free to drop a line in one of the race threads as well.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Honest Outrage Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Thanks bud, will do.
Honest Outrage
Honest Outrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Crabbieeee Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm here w/ Honest Outrage. 

Hi, I'm Mitchell... and I have a racing problem...
Crabbieeee
Crabbieeee

Race Number : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Othelion Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Welcome guys. You're not alone in having missed FM5, I'm still getting used to it all again too. Somehow most cars seem very snappy in oversteering and getting it tuned out is a pain.
Othelion
Othelion

Race Number : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Honest Outrage Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:48 am

Thanks Othelion, i agree with that, im not much of a tuner, but in fm4 i had a cool Evora that i loved. Last night i tried to build one, but the snap oversteer mid corner is horrible! 

Lot's of tuning practice i think is needed.

hey Crabbie, glad you made it over here dude.
Honest Outrage
Honest Outrage

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself - Page 17 Empty Carolinaxcrown

Post by CarolinaXCrown Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:48 am

Im a gamer and gearhead, this has obviously brought me to Forza. I have been playing Forza since the OG Xbox, and even played Gran Turismo before. Im 30 years old with 15 years exp. I enjoy competitive clean racing across all classes. Im a VW fan at heart, but love cars of all sorts. In real life i like to build Audio Systems in cars and am currently working on a Soundqubed Build. I just truly have a passion for Cars and the life that c9mes with it! See you on the track
CarolinaXCrown
CarolinaXCrown

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Crabbieeee wrote:I'm here w/ Honest Outrage. 

Hi, I'm Mitchell... and I have a racing problem...
Hey!, so do I!! glad to see that I'm not the only one with that problem
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daytona Dreams Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Hello, Daytona Dreams here, used to be called Wheelwash in days of teams, but just stick to being a one man band now and the GT is a tribute to my daughter. Most people call me Moo. Been on the Xbox since Forza 3, i was the one person that actuallly thought that Forza 5 was a great product once they had added all the extra bits. Certainly better than Project CARS, thats a personal view and my opinion, which really did nothing for me, i guess it improved the iRacing / PC drivers decision to head in that direction.

These days, i paint, i try to race unfortunately the drugs im on (nhs honest) make me think im an astronaut, so i have lost a good second of pace, but still enjoy the challenge, no assists, no magic lines and certainly no paragliding when the cockpit is a much comfy seat and im still doing the Wheelwash Racing Media, but again much more reduced in capacity.  

Going by the general conversation in here over the past few months, you are in a very similar position to me, help run a smaller operation of club racing, but also using the big two as a chance to get out and play in team colours. Now we have TORA, which we are still awaiting something enjoyable not predictable to come along, TURD which is fantastic for hidden clauses in contracts and certainly is no Virtual Motorsports, thats for sure and that seems it. VDF is Danhino in which suicide is a better option and anyone who has had that pleasure will be already engraving the bullet. 

If you dont mind a small plug for the theVTCC which is our smaller project on a Friday Night only, trying to fill the void left by the previous owner of the site who took it from three lobbies per week, to three people a week. i guess like yourselves, awaiting something to grab the attention.

Anyways, hello and hope to race with a few of you soon, and thank you for the signature reminder of the Ford Mustang;s that EZT ran on VM, they were fantastic fun
 Cheers Y'alll Moo!!
Daytona Dreams
Daytona Dreams

http://wheelwashracingmedia.co.uk/index/

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Nice to have you with us moo Smile
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin