Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Renault V6 Clio Cup

+7
SimF40
Om3ga73
RippednTorn
x DeadTaco x
CallMehDarkside
RetPetty
Dominic Mako
11 posters

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Renault V6 Clio Cup

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:35 pm

I know, I go to bed at 10 though. Up for work at 6.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:54 pm

I am sure we can wait till 7.15ish if that helps any Hotdog. We have postponed our next season so we can participate in this series and the earlier time was suggested by some of the PNUK members because of the getting up for work scenario.

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Here's my WIP so far, even though I haven't touched the roof or wing yet and the back end is still purely experimental. I've used Renault F1 colours and sponsors mainly but that may all change by the time I'm finished. Renault use quite a bit of "racing checks" so I may work some of that in, along with some fading. Any suggestions/criticisms are welcome ("Learn to take pictures", I hear everyone cry. I already know that) Cool

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Love the last pic, paints looking really good Smile

Thing i notice bout the first 2 pics is you took them on the side of the car thats in the shadow. Always best to take pic of the side of the car which has the light hitting it Smile otherwise looking good
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 pm

I tried having the light behind me but even fiddling with the settings, I couldn't keep the glare off. The last pic was the closest I could get to one in the light. My pic skills are on a par with my tuning, I think Neutral
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:41 pm

I find some tracks are generally better than others when it comes to taking pictures. Also when showing your paint i would try to have the car take up more of the shot (less scenery) looks good though.

Mine shall be one of these two:

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:10 pm

I prefer the first one, especially considering it'll have white wheels.
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

What lap times are we looking at hitting for round 1 guys? PNUK have been doing a few of the tracks this week and quite enjoying the car Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:26 am

I ran a few laps before tuning the car and found myself locking up very easily, and maybe understeering a little too much. Adjusted the car so it was a tad softeer, moved the brake bias a little, lowered the decel diff, and played with the gearing a little. I was high 2:15 my second lap and 2:15.3 my third lap. I left it at that.

I have to catch up a bit on my Classic Euro car for that series first before i put too much time into this Clio, so it'll have to stay at that for a while I'm afraid.

Last edited by Dominic Mako on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Dominic Mako wrote:I ran a few laps before tuning the car and found myself locking up very easily, and maybe understeering a little too much. Adjusted the car so it was a tad softeer, moved the brake bias a little, lowered the decel diff, and played with the gearing a little. I was high 1:15 my second lap and 1:15.3 my third lap.

I hope that's a typo, Dom, or else we might as well go home. I think you meant 2:15.3? There's a few in the 15's with Snip sneaking in a 14.

I also softened the suspension quite a bit, Nurb's got some really bumpy patches and pretty ruthless kerbs. Again, I also lowered the dec diff as it was locking up on the 1st corner (was like doing a handbrake turn).
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Here is my Clio!

Spoiler:

French FTW! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:44 pm

You busted me. 2:15 it was indeed. Interesting that the car seems to lock up so easily with the stock differential settings. Even down to about 45% it was a struggle to keep it from happening.

I was also reading up a bit on the real life car, and apparently by Clio standards this sport V6 version was a bit porky.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:51 pm

I didn't have any problems with the wheels locking up as I always drop the decel right down anyway for light weight cars. I only use higher decel levels for heavy cars as it helps with braking.

Because the car has no aero, I find it loses lateral grip very easily when braking into corners, and you feel the wheels stuttering across the road. Any fast lap time goes straight down the drain when it happens. Quite frustrating trying to keep things smooth with this car.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Race Number : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 pm

i have my de accel at 0, because i don't what it does and it didn't feel any different.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:59 pm

In a basic sense, the differential is managing the rotation speeds between the left and right side of the car. The higher the percentage, the more the diff tries to match these speeds from each side. The deceleration is important as you lift off the throttle when you approach a turn. If you set the decel too low, the rear end will constantly come around too fast and you'll oversteer. Too high, and the wheels start locking up, which can be misleading you into thinking you have some other tuning issue. I usually start my acceleration diff setting at around 50% and the decel at about 20% and work from there.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Snip, the decel effects how long the rear wheels will stay locked together in a Limited Slip Diff when you lift off the gas. The higher the value, the longer they stay locked. In light weight cars it isn't needed, so I drop the value right down to about 2, otherwise when you brake hard, the rear end will jump about and cause the wheels to lock up. Having a higher value on cars that are heavy will help with braking though, as you have 2 rear wheels working together with compression from the engine to slow you down.

A higher value on the decel will also cause lift off understeer, so you need to adjust it accordingly on tracks that have sweeping turns that you aren't accelerating through.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 pm

cheers buddy
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Any update on lap times for Nurburg GP guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 pm

I kinda slacked off on this while getting ready for the Euro Classic Series and jumped on it again last night. Boy, am I in trouble. I should be running at least half a second faster, but I seem to lose out to my own ghost in turns 2 and 4, and then gain huge ground near the end of the lap to run almost even again. Grrr frustrating. I think I turned laps for an hour trying to figure it out to no avail. Kinda baffled what I did differently the first time that I'm now running slower those two turns.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Dom, I still have the replay from last weekend when we ran a few laps around there. I can send it if you want to see a flash back of how you were driving one week ago.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Is traction control forced off? Assume so, but didn't see anything in OP. Will try to make it, but kids are sick and haven't been cooperating this weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:44 pm

If it's not writted in the OP it's not forced. Feel free to use it or not! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Just a reminder to everyone that the time for the lobbies are the following:

Lobby 1: 2:30 PM Eastern/7:30 PM
Host: CallMehDarkside

Lobby 2: 4:30 Eastern/9:30 PM
Host: Dominic Mako

Send Friend Request to either one/both of the hosts so we can invite you to the lobby.

Also: If you race in the 2:30 lobby this weekend, you are not forced to race in the 2:30 lobby every week, you can race in the 2:30 lobby this week, but then race in the 4:30 lobby next week. Just can't race in both lobbies in the same day.

Hope to see all of you there Smile
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 pm

I just turned in a 2:20 on the second lap. Hopefully I'll be a bit more competitive this weekend than last. Will do my best to make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:02 pm

1. Warspite - 56:19.998
2. Snippety - 56:22.219
3. Goodwin - 56:26.302
4. Dominic - 56:51.512
5. Mike V - 56:52.477
6. Singe - 57:07.650
7. ID - 57:08.088
8. Bobbo - 57:09.715
9. Lucy - 57:16.773