Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond) - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond) - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond) - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond)

+2
SnippetyOggy86
Othelion
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond) - Page 2 Empty Re: A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond)

Post by Othelion Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Snip: I think you did very well on the first 2 pictures, they stand out from the others. Amazing details on the first shot, maybe a bit too much color and aperture (back = blurred). Second shot has great colors on the McLaren, nice contrast while also keeping the details visible. Might work even better in a composition where those trees are less dominant, great shot! Any chance you remember the settings for these 2? The other shots aren't bad either, but they pale in comparison Smile
Othelion
Othelion

Race Number : 23

Back to top Go down

A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond) - Page 2 Empty Re: A guide on photography in Forza Motorsport 4 (and beyond)

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Unfortunately i don't, i took your advice and didn't save over the settings i already had (which were the ones you posted). Embarassed

EDIT: if your talking about the settings for the blue GTO photo you may be in luck. that was the last photo of the day and i may have just saved those settings, i'll check to tonight and post them up if i have still got them.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Found them.

• Aperture 58
  • Exposure 69
  • Contrast 33
  • Colour 60
  • Brightness 30
  • Sepia 20

Those are the settings for the GTO image, unsure of the mclaren one's.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Othelion Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks for looking it up, I'm surprised to see it's only 60 color, while that blue is very saturated.

For those interested in honing their photography skills some more, the R1 exhibition race friday lobby hasn't been photographed yet. If anyone would want to take a few pictures and post them in that thread, that would be great. Also, the first 2 races of the economy series will go on without me, they're in my working weekends. Getting some photography help there will also be appreciated. It's a good challenge anyway, trying to capture racing action is very different from just showcasing a car. Don't be shy and give it a go!
Othelion
Othelion

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:31 am

Maybe i gave you the wrong settings then, i'll try and recreate the shot. Also the blue is a special two-tone paint, don't know how much that could change it.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Othelion Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Don't worry bout the settings, that 2 tone might just be it. Still a great shot, I love it when you get those details in the tire profile.

I've done a photoshoot for a comp on fm.net, and wanted to share the photos. Those special shots are made through a cone (camera just behind the cone, focus on the car, and shutter speed to find the best blur, the orange and white sections of the cones give those color differences).

Othelion
Othelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:46 am

Some of what i think my best shots of my favorite cars that I painted.

Spoiler:

Last edited by v8rockstar on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 am

Toyota GT-ONE Photo shoot.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimsalad Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:33 am

Stickied
Jimsalad
Jimsalad
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 61

https://msmnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2