Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

FM5 Multiplayer tuning help Vote_lcap20%FM5 Multiplayer tuning help Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
FM5 Multiplayer tuning help Vote_lcap40%FM5 Multiplayer tuning help Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
FM5 Multiplayer tuning help Vote_lcap40%FM5 Multiplayer tuning help Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

FM5 Multiplayer tuning help

4 posters

Go down

FM5 Multiplayer tuning help Empty FM5 Multiplayer tuning help

Post by consult Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 pm

So I decided to take my scubie from the VM series onto multiplayer, adjusted the parts to get the golden 600, and then discovered that it doesn't work. Is it just me, or does it change the gear ratios? Took on a quick race, it was fine, back into MP and the same problem. I'm finding I have to do a completely different setup for MP, where you can only test drive it. Means lots of lobby hopping...

Anyone have any suggestions?
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

FM5 Multiplayer tuning help Empty Re: FM5 Multiplayer tuning help

Post by CBailey87 Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:38 pm

the builds are bad for multiplayer anyway, you really need to lighten the cars tbh and not add the engine parts straight away, you won't have as high top end but as you have found out the 4wds in the taikyu series don't get anywhere near anyway, you are best off doing a new build for B class, I wouldn't call them even lobby cars lol, even if you look at the tier 1 guys there a way off the top times on the tracks
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Strangely, I've seen the 22b on the LB for some tracks, so there is a build that will make it fast, but as Bailey says, the Super Taikyu build is not the way to start.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Yeah the LB versions will be the 1.6 rally engine plus a lot of weight reduction etc
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:13 pm

are you saying that the car is different between game modes with the same build? or are you comparing it to the vm build?
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:18 pm

It's a build I modified from the VM, then changed in testing and quick race. I then took the "V2" build that I had just tested onto multiplayer, and it felt different, but the gears were what I noticed most. It's as tho the game made them longer, stalled on the start, and gears 5/6 were just so long....
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:30 pm

I know a lot of people in the vm race at rd America were all commenting how they were off their pb`s. maybe there is some difference in testdrive to an actual race. grip levels maybe?
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:54 pm

I'll test it out again, see about doing another 22b 600 build, if it happens again I suggest we do test build racing online. Also might be worth a message to T10, see if they are aware of any issues.
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm

it had that in fm4. that test drive was slightly different grip levels to multiplayer racing. people found it was best to tune then do a short race, then rework the tune, another race etc.

I just didn't realize it has carried over into 5. but would explain why people were off their pb`s for some of the races lately
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Ok, could still be lingering around then...
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:56 pm

I always thought I just drove harder in an actual official race, but turned out the car was handling and behaving differently to all the testing I had done.
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:37 pm

I think its true. The gears are slower, and handling is looser. How to combat the handling I don't have a clue, but gears I'm thinking need to be around 15-20 clicks towards acceleration...
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:44 pm

do you know if rivals is the same as multiplayer races? or is that more akin to test drive?
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:47 pm

It seems that it just affects multiplayer...
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 pm

so  inorder to get our tune correct for an official race, need to test the car in a multiplayer lobby or private race
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:04 am

Well until we can determine exactly what is affected, yes. Hopefully it'll only be gears and something like suspension settings, and hopefully it's just a generic adjustment of so many clicks in a single direction. Then you can make your build normally and make the adjustment for multiplayer when you are happy with the build in single player.
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 am

Doesn't having damage on effect the grip, if you are in tune set up then it will be just set to a standard heat in the tyres as they don't get wear unless you have damage on but in the VM series they have damage on and the tyres wear, therefor after a couple of laps are better for grip just like in F1, not sure why multiplayer would be different though
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:03 pm

test drive has tire wear and damage on too so yeah, its kinda odd
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down