Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

canesGS's Garage Vote_lcap20%canesGS's Garage Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
canesGS's Garage Vote_lcap40%canesGS's Garage Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
canesGS's Garage Vote_lcap40%canesGS's Garage Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

canesGS's Garage

4 posters

Go down

canesGS's Garage Empty canesGS's Garage

Post by canesGS Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:11 pm

So here is one of the liveries I'm working on it's inspired by the Nissan prototypes specifically the R89C. Would love some feedback and also some insight as I would love to be able to learn more about making liveries in FM5. It just seems so difficult for me to use the tools given to really make things look the way I want without being able to zoom in at all on the cars. Let me know what ya'll think and Thanx.

Nissan 2000 GTR photo 2000GTRashx.jpg
canesGS
canesGS

Back to top Go down

canesGS's Garage Empty Re: canesGS's Garage

Post by canesGS Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:10 am

Here are a few more that I've done in game.
The MX5 was the first livery that I did and I thought just making the stripes and using some of the in game decals would make it my own at least.

photo MX5ashx.jpg

This C6R was my first attempt to do something a bit more involved the "Jake" emblem for the C6R I visually copied from google made it a vinyl group and added it to the car it's close but not exact.

photo C6Rashx.jpg

Then this BMW Z8 I just changed around the look of the MX5 a bit as I made an actual vinyl group for the stripes this time.

photo BMWZ8ashx.jpg
canesGS
canesGS

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:28 am

C6r looks really cool. Not a fan of the orange, doesnt seem to match the stripe but i like that u match the rims. Nice work Smile keep painting for sure
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 am

canesGS wrote:So here is one of the liveries I'm working on it's inspired by the Nissan prototypes specifically the R89C. Would love some feedback and also some insight as I would love to be able to learn more about making liveries in FM5. It just seems so difficult for me to use the tools given to really make things look the way I want without being able to zoom in at all on the cars. Let me know what ya'll think and Thanx.

Not too dissimilar to my Skylines, this wouldn't look out of place in my garage Wink 

Spoiler:

(Not sure if the pics will show, they've been taken directly from Forza net so it's a bit of a lottery.) 

The best advice I can give you about painting is to make yourself a good library of "sponsor decals". FM5 had no import option from previous versions and has also done away with gifting vinyls, so it's been a serious headache to get back into painting. 

The basic design of a car is the fun/easy bit but the Devil's in the details, as they say, and it's adding them when the work begins. Make them as big as the screen allows and then "shrink to fit" on the car. You'll be surprised by how much "scruffiness/shortcuts" you can hide by shrinking them down (saving a lot of time). The best way to start would be to search for a vinyl you want, pick the one you like best and then "trace" it by loading it into the editor and making a copy over it. As well as being able to "tweak" it, slightly changing colours for example, it will also help to show you how it was put together. Pretty soon you'll be seeing where someone's used a dozen or so curves and realise you can do it with just a stretched "S".
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:46 am

That part at the end especially is true once you get the hang of using the various shapes. 

Also, do not be afraid of the "Skew" option, i remember when i first started I used to think that all that would do is distort and ruin designs, but its SOOOOOOOOO useful in certain situations (ex. instead of rotating a rectangle 35 degrees then having to rotate to 325 degrees to make it "flipped" when you could just skew to like 10 and -10)
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by canesGS Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanx for the additional info guys I will definitely try the making it huge then shrinking. I wanted to make some Nissan decals for the 71' GTR but couldn't figure out how to make the "s" I'll try this method now.

photo SupraYotoLiveryashx.jpg

Did this one for a Supra few days ago and HOLY CRAP trying to get the rear lines to match up was a PITA took me 5 attempts before I figured out the right way to get them to blend right.
canesGS
canesGS

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:08 pm

very clean supra Smile like it
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by canesGS Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:11 am

RetPetty wrote:very clean supra Smile like it
Thanx Ret working on a tribute car and a 510 right now...think I'm getting hooked on painting now Laughing
canesGS
canesGS

Back to top Go down

Post by canesGS Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:27 am

B4D B0Y69 wrote:
canesGS wrote:So here is one of the liveries I'm working on it's inspired by the Nissan prototypes specifically the R89C. Would love some feedback and also some insight as I would love to be able to learn more about making liveries in FM5. It just seems so difficult for me to use the tools given to really make things look the way I want without being able to zoom in at all on the cars. Let me know what ya'll think and Thanx.

Not too dissimilar to my Skylines, this wouldn't look out of place in my garage Wink 

(Not sure if the pics will show, they've been taken directly from Forza net so it's a bit of a lottery.) 

The best advice I can give you about painting is to make yourself a good library of "sponsor decals". FM5 had no import option from previous versions and has also done away with gifting vinyls, so it's been a serious headache to get back into painting. 

The basic design of a car is the fun/easy bit but the Devil's in the details, as they say, and it's adding them when the work begins. Make them as big as the screen allows and then "shrink to fit" on the car. You'll be surprised by how much "scruffiness/shortcuts" you can hide by shrinking them down (saving a lot of time). The best way to start would be to search for a vinyl you want, pick the one you like best and then "trace" it by loading it into the editor and making a copy over it. As well as being able to "tweak" it, slightly changing colours for example, it will also help to show you how it was put together. Pretty soon you'll be seeing where someone's used a dozen or so curves and realise you can do it with just a stretched "S".
This advice was really helpful Bad Boy thanx, helped me to actually make the Nissan logo I've been trying to make for my 71' GTR here's a pic of it done for now till I decide to add some other decals
 photo 71GTRashx.jpg
canesGS
canesGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum