Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams

+4
B4D B0Y69
Clark GriswoId
x DeadTaco x
Dominic Mako
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Empty Re: VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams

Post by B4D B0Y69 Sun May 25, 2014 8:05 pm

I know I can take about half a second off my LB time with my current  setup but that last corner is definitely the "make or break" section. The car is hopping sideways through there and isn't any quicker if I slow down enough to take it smoothly. 

I read about the bump damping cure as well but, I think mine are pretty low already so I'll have to check that. What's also been mentioned is raising ride height. I've only ever done that when bottoming out, as I can't see how it would improve grip, but I'm willing to try anything. As I know I can hit a "middish" .23 now, I'm hoping to do it fairly consistently and that corner is the key.
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Empty Re: VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams

Post by Clark GriswoId Tue May 27, 2014 8:25 pm

well that race wasn't the best. I am kind of glad that no one showed up to run it.  would have def finished much lower than 6th.

Great racing Dom, you fought virality off well. He had to be cursing you the whole time he was trying to pass.
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Race Number : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed May 28, 2014 6:35 pm

VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Stockh10

There are two rounds to go, but the driver standings are pretty much set.  Barring something serious I think Clark and I will probably be 5th and 6th, respectively.  Skismo can move up one spot if he can out-duel ONR Punch in the next couple races.

The team standings are also pretty much settled, with MSM Motul Black likely to finish second to the F4H guys and ahead of Team Gizmo again.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Sat May 31, 2014 12:27 am

The best dirty lap I've put in at Bathurst is 2:27.1 but that was a total fluke.  Most of my laps are in the mid 2:28 range still.  That's about 3-4 second off the pace of the guys up front, which is pretty disheartening.  Has anyone discovered the magic bullet to getting around here quickly?

EDIT: I lengthened my final gear ratio and it made a pretty big difference. I'm getting into the low 2:27s consistently. I feel like with some work I could get 2:26 by monday night.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:57 am

Current gearing:
Final Drive - 320
1st - 310
2nd - 205
3rd - 160
4th - 131
5th - 106
6th - 096

Front aero 85 rear aero 75

Diff @ 75 and 25
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:21 am

same rear end setting that you made at sebring?
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes, I'm fairly certain I left the other settings the same. The big change was in gearing and rear aero. I'm not sure how much aero affects the lap times because I pretty much started with it knocked down and stayed there, but the gearing seems to be pretty important here at Bathurst.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:33 pm

ran a 26.613

Changed the gearing again - 6 gear setup -

FD= 4.00
1 = 2.88
2 = 1.95
3 = 1.52
4 = 1.26
5 = 1.07
6 = .90
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:11 am

My LB time was 2:26.4 before the race but something weird happened. When I tried to join the race lobby I couldn't hear anyone. I backed out and shut down my Xbone. When I tried to go back into FM5 I got a message about there being two different save files. The file in my console didn't match the one in the cloud. I picked the one in the console. I think I only cracked 2:27 a handful of times in the race. It was really strange. I nearly gave away my position in the last two laps, as I went way off on lap 17 and smacked the wall on lap 18. Hopefully, I didn't lose my decals and tunes because of that save file debacle.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SKISMO Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:25 am

Hey guys,  I'm pretty bummed i missed the last two races of this series, but with summer in full swing I cant get away from work.  working 55-60 hours a week doesn't leave a lot of forza time.  The good news is we got tickets to the Nascar race in sonoma for next weekend, so going to tow our trailer down there and enjoy the weekend.  I will miss the MSM gt86 opening weekend but may be able to make the others.  Great job on the series Clark and Dom!
SKISMO
SKISMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:26 pm

An addendum on our foray into the stockhatch series 6.  MSM Motul Black managed to finish 2nd in the team standings in NA.  Clark and I also finished 4th and 5th in the driver standings overall.  Because of some missed races, Skismo, Taco, Badboy, and Consul were a bit lower than they deserved overall, but such is life.

VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Stockh11

VM Stock Hatch Series 6 - MSM Teams - Page 4 Stockh12
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:54 pm

awesome results Smile congrats
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:08 pm

My hope is one or two of those people in the top ten there running without a "team" in the Stock Hatch series will consider joining forces and knowledge with us in the next series.  Then we can really get some team competition going here.  I'd love to see some rival MSM teams bang fenders for points.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4