Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Vote_lcap20%2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Vote_lcap40%2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Vote_lcap40%2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review

4 posters

Go down

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Empty 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review

Post by CallMehDarkside Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:55 am

Welcome back!, I know I been gone for a while but I have been having still some problems at home as most of you know. But thankfully it is all starting to clear up and I will start getting into reviews on a normal weekly basis, so lets not waste time shall we?

Now as all of you know we received Porsche back to Forza Motorsports 4 back on May 22nd and we were all buzzing about the new cars we were gonna be able to tune, drive, paint etc. I myself was excited for all the new cars we were gonna get(30 in total) but the one that caught my eye the most was this.

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Medium_porsche_gt2_rs

The Porsche 911 GT2 RS is a lightweight modified version of the regular GT2, which is a lighter modified version of the 911 turbo. It was started back in 1995 with the 993 models and was discontinued in 1998. The 996 models came out in 1999 and ceased production(along with the 996 Generation) in 2005. The 997 Model made its debut in 2008 with the RS model making its debut on May 4th, 2010 when it was announced to dealers by Porsche in Leipzig, Germany

The GT2 RS produces a massive 88 more horsepower than the standard GT2 and weighs 150 pounds less as well. The car produces in total 611 horsepower with 516 lb-ft of torque with the car weighing a little bit under 3,100 lbs at 3,075. The reason for that is because Porsche, like with all RS models trim away weight and items they deem unnecessary

Despite being in production for nearly 20 years, the GT2 line has had a rather successful racing pedigree. The car clocked a then record 7 minutes 18 seconds around the Nurburgring, which makes it sit 7th on the all time list for production cars, ahead of rivals Nissan GTR and Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. At the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb driver Jeff Zwat broke his own record by a massive 24 seconds with a time of 11:07:869.

The car costs $240,000 in FM4 which is very reasonable for the power and performance the car pushes out. Now the model we have in Forza 4 is indeed the 991 generation model. Which basically has seen no advances in the engine or anything at all. The car costs $240,000 in FM4 which is very reasonable for the power and performance the car pushes out. Here are the stats and good stuff for the Porsche 911 GT2 RS as it sits on the showroom floor.

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Stock

As I said previously, this car produces a massive 611 horsepower, to compare it to another Porsche it has 6 measly more horsepower than their hyper car, the Carrera GT, but the amazing part is, it weighs 112 pounds less than the Carrera GT.

I took the car onto the track and noticed automatically the not only did the car sound great, but the car with its Rear Engine, Rear Wheel Drive format made the car amazing off the launch(as some of you saw last night in the German Super car Series when I went from 5th to 3rd before the first corner). However, for cold tires that is all the car really had because other than that the car was absolutely terrible through the corners and was just awful under brakes, I would brake about 100-200 feet BEFORE the braking line and still would go off or miss the apex in nearly every corner. The car was at its worse on the high speed corners as the tires just could not cope through the corners. On the straights it was amazing, but thats about it, so without further ado here are the “Things to Tackle” with the Porsche 911 GT2RS.

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review ThingstoTackle

In order for me to make this car competitive, I had to make the front end grip more than the front end, the grip on the rear was fine, could be better, but there was just no grip in the front. Dominic Mako said it best “The car understeers like a darn pig”. So I took the car into the shop and slapped on the following up grades below, along with the new and improved stats and good stuff once they become "Bobbo-fied"

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Upgrades

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Tuned

I took the car back onto Road America and the car was just an absolute dream to drive, the car handled so much better with the new slicks on the car, yes the car had more weight to it(52 pounds to be exact) but it was much worth it because the car is just so much better through the corners and I can easily put the power down again. Tuning the car to make it better was just so simple because every little adjustment I made to the car it just made the car better and better, the car was an absolute pleasure to drive. Here are the final laptimes around my test track(No screen cap due to the car being all over the board, so I will post the time and where it ranked me on the LB, if I beat my previous LB time. PB=Personal Best)

Catalunya:1:54:163 (PB for review, not on LB)

Mugello: 1:59:395 (2nd on Review)

Nurburgring GP:2:03:760 #4732 (PB on Review,LB time)

Road America:2:12:616 #3891 (PB on Review, LB time)

Suzuka:2:09:175(PB on review)

In Conclusion, this car is a master piece and I am so glad I own this car, this really not only is a great car, but it is quite possibly now my new favorite car to drive, since I got this car I don't go nowhere near a Ferrari, and I'm proud of that. Anyway, thats all for this week, tune in next week as I take a look another car from Germany, the BMW E92 M3.

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Gt210
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review Empty Re: 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS Review

Post by LoneStranger Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:41 am

Okay I see the difference between this and my car, the launch statistic. Mine is only 8.0 which is low enough to really make a difference off the line.
LoneStranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Nice review bobbo! I have one of these and i noticed those same things with the car. I will try your upgrades and see what they do to help the car Very Happy

Family
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Race Number : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 pm

Bobbo (as previously stated), this is an excellent review and I love the background you added and how well you described the car before and after you tuned it. Gave me a very clear picture in my mind to the before and after results. Great job Bobbo! I can defiantly see why MSM chose you as its Reviewer for cars! Smile
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:38 pm

In response to Taco: There are SEVERAL reviewers at MSM one Big one is Dom Smile

Family
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Race Number : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:25 pm

What can I say? Well, that's just German engineering Wink and the car is even better in reality... PORSCHE 4 LIFE! We have to be careful that the German SCC doesn't turn into a Porsche Cup Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down