Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

VM FM5 First Series Vote_lcap20%VM FM5 First Series Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
VM FM5 First Series Vote_lcap40%VM FM5 First Series Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
VM FM5 First Series Vote_lcap40%VM FM5 First Series Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

VM FM5 First Series

3 posters

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Go down

VM FM5 First Series Empty VM FM5 First Series

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:43 pm

Hey guys

FYI VM have just announced their first FM5 series. It is on a Tuesday night but there is both a EU and US series

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Kind regards

Jonathan

Back to top Go down

VM FM5 First Series Empty Re: VM FM5 First Series

Post by Clark GriswoId Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Its a Time attack series, I signed up.
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Race Number : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Bleh Time Attack. Boring. It's like racing, but minus all the things that make racing fun, and includes everything that makes hotlapping so tedious.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:37 pm

I'm guessing they want to take it easy at get up and running smoothly before jumping into a fully blown racing series.

The “other” racing website is having issues with running races a few weeks into a series. We had one guy who couldn't select his car as it was an illegal spec, so he kept logging in and out until his problem was solved. Had another guy who didn't qualify and jumped into the lobby and took someone else’s spot. So had further delay waiting for him to leave so the original racer could join.

Then even more delay when it was decided right before the race begins to do a rolling start as no one had checked the circuit for grid markings. As we go past the start finish line the race still hadn't started and didn't until half way through the 1st lap, which wasn't communicated so a complete mess up. No one really new if the race was on or not. 2nd race it was decided the race will start after the last turn on the parade lap, which actually worked quite well.

So I can't really blame VM for not rushing into it when the game still has some fundamental issues which are a detriment to online racing.

At least we have our series for racing.

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:33 am

Don't really stand a chance, but might give it a go. I'll have a proper look at it tonight, I will be on the EU games.
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down