Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Virtual-Motorsport Race Events - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Virtual-Motorsport Race Events - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Virtual-Motorsport Race Events - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Virtual-Motorsport Race Events - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Virtual-Motorsport Race Events - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Virtual-Motorsport Race Events - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Virtual-Motorsport Race Events

+5
CallMehDarkside
SKISMO
Clark GriswoId
Dominic Mako
consult
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Virtual-Motorsport Race Events - Page 2 Empty Re: Virtual-Motorsport Race Events

Post by Clark GriswoId Wed May 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Heads up MSM!

The next FM5 VM series will most likely be using IRL cars, probably a SPEC series of sorts --- IMO

There is a hot topic right now on the VM boards regarding allowing the use of TCS or to force it off.

http://www.virtual-motorsports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5753

The thread leads to all sorts of speculation.

When the series is officailly posted (hopefully the race times work for my schedule) I will 100% be signing up for this.

Anyone interested?
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Race Number : 3

Back to top Go down

Virtual-Motorsport Race Events - Page 2 Empty Re: Virtual-Motorsport Race Events

Post by Clark GriswoId Thu May 29, 2014 9:38 am

booo, hate the time for the US race.

EDIT: I'm really pssed about that, its fucking stupid.
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Thu May 29, 2014 1:21 pm

Yeah, I'm a bit confused about what's going on, but it sounds like they're going to replace the current Stock Hatch series once it finishes with something else on Monday nights.  I guess if you were able to make the Monday races before then you should be able to make the next one too.  What I'm not sure about is if it's IRL cars as well or something different.

EDIT: The US timezone race on Monday will be IRL cars as well.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri May 30, 2014 3:28 am

Nevermind, they announced the Monday series will not be IRL, but I guess it's a state secret right now, so we just have to wait.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Fri May 30, 2014 12:18 pm

I don't get it. I bet we will get a FIAT spec series.
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Seems like the next series is gonna be a GTE Series, but more specifically it seems like it's gonna be the Viper vs the Corvette GT2 cars, no word on if that is just them 2 cars or if they will incorporate the Aston, Ferrari and BMW. 

However, if it is just them 2 cars, if we can get 6 or so drivers to sign up and want to partake, we can do 2 teams. 1 team of MSM Corvette and 1 team of MSM Viper that way we can see the differences. 

Thoughts?
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:24 pm

I would recommend waiting until things are announced and then we'll get things organized.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:14 am

Yeah that's the best idea, never put the carriage before the horse, it gets you nowhere
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm

They have announced the series. Here are the specs as Dom correctly predicted, the Vette, Viper and M3 are tuned to R900 to match the DBR9, and to my knowledge there is no handicap.

CARP.I.POWERTORQUEWEIGHTDISTRIBUTIONSPEEDHANDLINGACCELLAUNCHBRAKINGDRIVETRAIN
2006 Aston Martin #007 DBR9R-900625 hp550 lb-ft2,425 lbs50%6.97.09.18.67.7RWD
2009 BMW #92 M3 GT2R-900670 hp508 lb-ft2,688 lbs50%6.96.79.18.77.4RWD
2011 Chevrolet #4 ZR1R-900674 hp664 lb-ft2,731 lbs50%7.96.79.18.77.3RWD
2013 Viper #91 GTS-RR-900641 hp702 lb-ft2,736 lbs49%7.06.89.28.87.5RWD

and the schedule as well

RACETRACKLAPSDATETIME
Race 1Qualifying :
Race :
Mount Panorama Bathurst
Mount Panorama Bathurst
15 mins
20 laps
7th July19:00 CDT / 01:00 BST / 11:00 AEST
Race 2Qualifying :
Race :
Nurburgring Grand Prix
Nurburgring Grand Prix
15 mins
22 laps
14th July19:00 CDT / 01:00 BST / 11:00 AEST
Race 3Qualifying :
Race :
Spa-Francorchamps
Spa-Francorchamps
15 mins
18 laps
21st July19:00 CDT / 01:00 BST / 11:00 AEST
Race 4Qualifying :
Race :
Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe
15 mins
11 laps
28th July19:00 CDT / 01:00 BST / 11:00 AEST
Race 5Qualifying :
Race :
Silverstone Grand Prix
Silverstone Grand Prix
15 mins
20 laps
4th August19:00 CDT / 01:00 BST / 11:00 AEST
Race 6Qualifying :
Race :
Road Atlanta Full
Road Atlanta Full
15 mins
31 laps
11th August19:00 CDT / 01:00 BST / 11:00 AEST
Race 7Qualifying :
Race :
Road America
Road America
15 mins
20 laps
18th August19:00 CDT / 01:00 BST / 11:00 AEST
Race 8Qualifying :
Race :
Long Beach Full
Long Beach Full
15 mins
31 laps
25th August19:00 CDT / 01:00 BST / 11:00 AEST
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:54 pm

If u guys need any help tuning or getting a practice race going let me know. Happy to help out
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:18 am

ok gents, teams / cars. what we doing?

DID YOU GUYS HAPPEN TO READ THIS???

The twist with this new Series is that every competitor must use each of the four GT cars on offer here, with each model allowed to be used a total of twice in the 8 week schedule. If you are in a team, you do not need to follow suit with your teamate on the model of car you run each week.
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:16 am

I can do it, but I'll miss races 2,3 and 7... Presume they are doing two separate race times again for NA and EU.

Edit: Just seen that it's one race, at 0100 BST, so I won't be competing in this one....
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:07 pm

The IRL series was set up for the Eu timezones.  This VM Challenge is meant for the NA timeszones.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:03 am

Due to being on uni holidays and it being on in a time that I can race I will be doing this series! Even though the format is stupidly strange
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 pm

I know Dom and myself are still waffling on about it, I just dont think I'd be able to afford the other 3 cars within the next week or so whenever this thing starts, unless Forza rewards come out starting Monday and I can get 600,000 or so it'd be fine. But me racing is simply coming down to if I can afford the cars.

Plus I do think the format is interesting, stupid, but interesting
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:15 pm

CallMehDarkside wrote:I know Dom and myself are still waffling on about it, I just dont think I'd be able to afford the other 3 cars within the next week or so whenever this thing starts, unless Forza rewards come out starting Monday and I can get 600,000 or so it'd be fine. But me racing is simply coming down to if I can afford the cars.

Money doesn't have to be as big a problem as you may think. Have you cashed in June's rewards (I think I got 1.5m)? If you have, rivals is still an easy way to make money, 100ks in hardly any time at all so 2-3 cars before July's reward (available from the 1st) and you'll be laughing by race 1. Your biggest problem then is, which car do you pick  Cool
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:20 am

CallMehDarkside wrote:I know Dom and myself are still waffling on about it, I just dont think I'd be able to afford the other 3 cars within the next week or so whenever this thing starts, unless Forza rewards come out starting Monday and I can get 600,000 or so it'd be fine. But me racing is simply coming down to if I can afford the cars.

My biggest problem is that they're running it at R900. Why include the Aston and not the Ferrari when they could have axed the Aston, included the Ferrari and just added the race brakes and driveshaft to the cars. That way you then have 4 GTE cars at the right spec rather than one GT1 car and 3 GTE cars with restrictors off
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Becoll Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:20 am

I have all the cars for this and the skill to race and podium but......11am east coast kills it for me.
Becoll
Becoll

Race Number : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:01 pm

That's actually 11am Australia time.  It's 7pm Central (8pm eastern).
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Becoll Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 am

Not into the format and hate the BMW, so I'm out. I'll help tune so if you guys do run I can do that cause it's what I do the most anyways.
Becoll
Becoll

Race Number : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2