Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 3 Vote_lcap40%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 3 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 3 Vote_lcap40%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 3 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Renault V6 Clio Cup

+7
SimF40
Om3ga73
RippednTorn
x DeadTaco x
CallMehDarkside
RetPetty
Dominic Mako
11 posters

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Renault V6 Clio Cup

Post by RetPetty Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 am

Had a great battle with bad boy for most of the race, aswell as taco and ripped. Kudos to them for clean and close racing. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thought i had gotten bad boy in the last but 1 lap when he slid through that final chicane only for him to repass me the final lap through turn 4

Was alot of fun and adrenaline was definately going. Great racing Smile
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 3 Empty Renault V6 Clio Cup

Post by RippednTorn Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:14 pm

I was way off the pace in the race compared to how I was driving during practice. I don't know what the hell was going on, but I guess it can be put down to usual race nerves combined with tiredness. That race seemed to last a lot longer than 57 mins. I still enjoyed it though and was having a good race with Ret for a while.

Congrats to Warspite and well done to everyone actually. 13 cars going into turn 1 without an incident showed great talent by everyone involved.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Race Number : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:49 pm

I think Mike V and I were within a few hundred feet of each other for all 25 laps. I had a very poor opening couple laps and spent the next 6 or so trying to catch up again. Once I caught Veinzer, it seemed like we were running similar lap times, but every once in a while the rear end would get loose on him and I'd try for a pass, only to miss the chance and lose a second again.

I did manage to steal away the position before the pit window, and then he made a pretty bold move at the chicane that almost got us both killed. I sorta screwed up my cold tire lap after the pits and started 300 feet behind Veinzer after his pit, and spent another 10 laps trying to catch him again. Then on the last lap as I was sniffing his fumes and wiping away my tears, he goofed another turn and I was Johnny-on-the-spot. Took 4th halfway through the last lap and felt vindicated. Don't think I would have caught third even without the competition.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:54 pm

The fact me and badboy finished only 0.02 apart was prolly a good indicator of how closely we were racing Smile looking forward to the next race

The lack of aero meant alot of driver skill was needed, and tail sliding meant an opportunity. Great fun and alot of respect was earn and shown Smile
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:06 pm

just wanted to say well done to everyone in second lobby for making it round the first few corners incident free and from what i saw an incident free race.
apart from some slight lag it seemed to be a good lobby, thank you.

skeelnomis

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:37 pm

wallys time was 1hr 48 secs
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 pm

I'm content with 5th, I was struggling to keep the car on the track for pretty much every lap lol. I struggled with understeer the most throughout the first sector with a little bit of oversteer here and there. Dom and I were running similar times but he was way more consistent than I was.

Looking forward to Cat, this time I will test and tune my Clio as best as I can. I had zero running in the Clio before Nurb, thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it! Wink

Last edited by Mike V 1987 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks Snippety. I knew I was at 1:00XX, but didn't get a chance to see the seconds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Hoping to Get my Clio painted between now.....and raceday xD
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Race Number : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:04 pm

After a bit of criticism from Dom and Live i decided to repaint my Clio, its far from great but its an improvement from what i drove at the Nurb GP last weekend.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

It still looks a bit bare due to lack off secondary sponsors which is similar to the car i copied it from, admittedly it still looks boring so i'll add some more of my own this week.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:15 pm

liking it snip Smile
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Looks Good Snips!!

Be hard to miss that on teh track Wink
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Race Number : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm

It doesn't look boring to me, I like it as it is now.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 am

Another great race (entertainment factor that is, not position Wink ). The harder I pushed to get some distance from Ret, the closer he got. With just 2 laps to go, I thought, "Keep it clean and it's in the bag". Seconds later I fluffed a chicane and quite possibly uttered an expletive or two Neutral How I managed to nick the position back I'm not too sure, but it felt good! To finish so close after an hour's race says it all really.

One thing which had me thinking during the race though, does anyone know how much difference there is between running in LB mode (for practice) and the actual race?

I compared Snip's tune to mine and the only noticeable difference was that I had slightly lower gearing. There wasn't really anything in it, timewise, so I stuck to my tune for the race. However, once the race got going I soon found out that I was hitting the limiter on a couple of parts of the track, leading me to think I should have used Snip's gearing. It didn't happen whilst practicing/tuning, so what manner of witchcraft is this? Would I be better off using the "test drive" mode instead?
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am

I don't know if there's a difference or not. I didn't notice any difference with the gearing in the race compared to practice laps on the LB. It would probably be better to set up your own lobby and do a few laps and see if the gears feel different.

Edit: It may also have to do with drafting. Even if another car is drafting you, I think it increases your speed, which is why the game gives you a dirty lap.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 pm

RippednTorn wrote:
Edit: It may also have to do with drafting. Even if another car is drafting you, I think it increases your speed, which is why the game gives you a dirty lap.

Although I've never felt I was going any faster when being drafted, that would definitely explain it. Something to consider when setting my gears in future, thanks.
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Im pretty sure there is a difference in game modes. Only way to be sure is to setup your own lobby and make sure the tune works there. I believe theres a difference in grip between them and hence why sometimes your car will feel different in practising to when ur in the race
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Initially i thought the same, but after Sundays Clio race i'm having second thoughts. My fastest practice time which was set in the LB mode (uses cosmetic damage if i'm not mistaken) was a 2:12.8xx, my fastest lap during the race (simulation damage) was a 2:12.9xx, so looking at those times you'd have to say there is no difference.

On the other hand myself, Dom and Ret took part in a series a while back that also happened to use Sim damage, none of us could even get close to our LB times. Racing pressure or something else idk.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Sorry had to drop out. My daughter hurt herself so had to leave. Was shaping up nicely for another battle with badboy Smile
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks to all who participated today at Catalunya, saw some epic races from both lobbies. Here are the results

1.Snip:52:19:068
2.Goodwin: 52:26:280
3.Mike v:52:40:017
4.ID9858: 52:42:300*
5.Dom:52:43:113
6.Bobbo: 52:47:873
7.Singe: 52:48:800
8.Lucy: 53:09:807
9.Skeel: 53:13:866
10.BadBoy:53:16:410
11.Ripped:53:16:867
12.Hugo:53:47:351
13.Live:54:16:163
14.Frazer: 54:24:843
15.Stranger: 56:37:762
16.Ochilbaz: DNF

*Dom and myself have agreed to let ID's time stand. But this will be the last time this happens, from now on, if you guys lag from the hosts lobby and leave. It will automatically count as a DNF whether if you get your own lobby or not.
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:51 pm

RetPetty wrote:Sorry had to drop out. My daughter hurt herself so had to leave. Was shaping up nicely for another battle with badboy Smile

sorry to hear that ret
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm

Shes ok now Smile nothing fresh cookies wont fix Wink
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SimF40 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:04 am

lost the connection to the lobby on the restart.............so no racey !
SimF40
SimF40

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Sad to ear that Sim. Turn 10 seem to have some connection issues recently... Hope to see you next week!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Can you please check the finishing times of skeel and bad boy I think they should be the other way round unless its a typo thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next