Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Renault V6 Clio Cup

+7
SimF40
Om3ga73
RippednTorn
x DeadTaco x
CallMehDarkside
RetPetty
Dominic Mako
11 posters

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: Renault V6 Clio Cup

Post by Dominic Mako Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Points after two races:

1. Snippety - 28
2. Goodwin - 23
3t. Warspite - 15
3t. Dominic - 15
3t. Mike V - 15
6t. Singe - 12
6t. ID - 12
8. Bobbo - 10
9. Lucy - 7
10. Badboy - 4
11. Skeel - 3
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Renault V6 Clio Cup - Page 4 Empty Renault V6 Clio Cup

Post by RippednTorn Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 pm

I've disappeared off the map Sad
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Race Number : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Didnt u get the memo?
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 pm

With so many drivers, and points only down to 10 positions, really getting any points is a challenge. There was a TORA event last Sunday as well, so some of the drivers that missed the second race may come back for round 3, making the row even tougher to hoe.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Dom, I was kidding. I knew full well how the points system worked before the series started. I just hope it doesn't put some people off from finishing the series, because not all have the mindset of wanting to race for purely the love of racing only.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Has anyone got a tune on their storefront I can try for this? I'm not that good at tuning & I don't think I'm getting anywhere with mine...

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Send me a FR and I'll send you my tune.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

RippednTorn wrote:Send me a FR and I'll send you my tune.

Done & thank you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneStranger Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 pm

I can imagine everyone can beat a lap time of just under 1:06 at this point?
LoneStranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Race #3 Results:

1. Dominic
2. Goodwin
3. Retpetty
4. BadBoy
5. Ripped
6. Bobbo
7. Deadtaco
8. Stranger
9t. Zilla
9t. Eighteen o Five
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:51 am

Nice 1 Dom Very Happy and Ret Very Happy and everyone that represented MSM Very Happy
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by SimF40 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 am

would of raced last night but best lap time i could get was a 1.03.7ish , not quick enough to compete................so maybe this week?
SimF40
SimF40

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 am

SimF40 wrote:would of raced last night but best lap time i could get was a 1.03.7ish , not quick enough to compete................so maybe this week?

Actually Sim, going off what I think I was averaging (consistency is key on this track imo, and I wasn't most of the time), you could have probably been more competitive than you think.

I think Ret deserves a special mention, drops out of the lobby to start last on the grid and still gets third place. That must have been some quick and consistent racing, 3rd was the least you deserved.

On a personal note, barring accidents/damage, 4th was the best I was reasonably aiming for, pre race, so I'm happy with that. Ret's quali malfunction gave me a sight of a possible 3rd for the first few laps but that last tight right hander was causing me all kinds of trouble. A slight mistake taking it and I was losing speed for the straight, did this way too often to keep Ret busy for long. That and what seemed a super fast pit stop (more likely mine was super slow tbh, you came out right on my bumper and actually ghosted through me a bit, I think) meant I couldn't give you the race I was hoping for. This is a great series, loving it. Cool
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by SimF40 Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm

B4D B0Y69 wrote:
SimF40 wrote:would of raced last night but best lap time i could get was a 1.03.7ish , not quick enough to compete................so maybe this week?

Actually Sim, going off what I think I was averaging (consistency is key on this track imo, and I wasn't most of the time), you could have probably been more competitive than you think.

Guess i should of given it a bash as i was pretty consistent around this track, will be in this Sunday and try to keep up with you B4D BOY69

Cheers

Sim
SimF40
SimF40

Back to top Go down

Post by SimF40 Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:55 pm

just looked at which track is next:scratch:.................not one of my favs but i'll give it a bash Smile
SimF40
SimF40

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Had Goodwin qualified ahead of me, he likely would have won the race. We were within a few hundred feet nearly the entire 45 laps. He caught the pit entrance wall on his way in, which slowed him down a little toward the end, but after some lap traffic and a couple off-track excursions, I had him back on my tail again at the end. I believe my fastest was 1:02.7 and his was at 1:02.5. Anyway, I had a pretty good feeling going into Tsukuba and the practice paid off.

On to Sedona Smile
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:25 pm

Ret, I have to agree with Bad Boy, you did an amazing job of getting to 3rd place from last.

Just one thing though, three races in a row you have zoomed past me on the straights. I'm not sure if it's because of better exit speed from the previous corner, or because I use auto clutch. Probably a mix of the two I suspect.

I can't say I have high hopes of doing well at Sedona. I don't really know that track. Well, I know it, but I don't know it know it, if you know what I mean. I guess now is as good a time as any to start learning it properly.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks guys, means alot. Ive really been focusing on getting my exits. Correct rather than corner entry, when u carry a few more mph outta a corner it gives u that little extra (and draft bonus) all down the straights. Plus i shortened the gears somewhat Wink

Was a fun race and starting last i was like of all the places!! hehe. Really suprised i got 3rd but the car was just really good through the hairpins and that last corner Smile

Great series and alot of great racing
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Well, that's it, I've had enough of Auto Clutch. I qualified 2nd, which came as a bit of a shock, but as always I get swamped by half the field before I even get to the first turn.

Tonight I'm going to remap the controller and start using the trigger buttons for accelerating and braking and the A button for clutch. It's going to feel completely foreign and I'm going to be right off the pace for a few weeks and prone to making a lot of mistakes, but the sooner I start using it, the sooner it will feel natural.

So, apologies in advance for any braking errors. I'll probably just hang at the back of the pack till I feel confident enough to start racing properly.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:39 pm

you won't look back once you've got the hang of it. i think that may possibly move you up the pecking order on the track.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:01 pm

I hope so, Snip. The next few weeks are going to be a real pain in the arse, but there's no turning back now.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:16 pm

good racing yesterday by everyone. Shame that Goodwin/MadManMark left because of the lag. Had a good race with Dom until I put my tires in the sticky and he tapped me. Got destroyed by Skeelnomis due to his breaking error, but it was no big deal. Kinda irritated with how I lost 3rd because ID sorta divebombed the hairpin corner in the club circuit which forced me to go wide to avoid any damage on my rear(I had enough as it is) which let him get by me. But oh well, I can get him next week. I am actually looking forward to Road America because I know its one of my better tracks.

See ya'll next week for ze finale

Last edited by CallMehDarkside on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I dont know who edited this post, but i am pissed off.)
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 pm

That's called having a taste of your own medicine Bobbo
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:00 pm

"destroyed" is rather harsh. yes i put my hands up and admitted it was partially my fault going into the back of you but it`s extremely difficult judging where your opponent is on track when they`re lagging back and forth!

got to give great credit to retpetty who followed me for a couple of laps. i got out of shape in one or two corners which i thought might open the door for him. instead of just sticking his car somewhere not so much in his favour he raced with patience. good stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks si, i was actually unsure where your car was hence why i was very cautious. Was good racing though

Whenever lag hits we need to remember it affects us all slightly differently. Opportunities present themselves to one racer when infact there really isnt one. Unexplained damage can happen and ruin someones car whilst the other shoots off at 500mph into the distance or sky.

Lag seems to be raisings its ugly head with more occurance and incidents but its something we have no control over. We just have to bear the fruatration and deal with the results as best we can

Just remember this when incidents happy, with lag your both innocence parties

Guru petty hath spoken. Now walk briskly in the msm zen garden
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down