Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Vote_lcap20%Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Vote_lcap40%Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Vote_lcap40%Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge

+4
B4D B0Y69
RetPetty
Plagued Almond
x DeadTaco x
8 posters

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Go down

Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Empty Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge

Post by x DeadTaco x Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:32 am

Hello MSM. I have been wanting to make a series for a while now but had never really settled on something that hadn't been done in MSM history or was unique in its own way, until now!

I present to you, the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge!
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

This is a series that involves many different cars separated into two different classes:
Grand Sport (GS): For larger displacement 6-8 cylinder vehicles
Street Tuner (ST): For smaller displacement 4-6 cylinder compact coupes, sedans, and roadsters.

There are 6 cars in each class to choose from. The GS class will have cars built in A class, while ST will have cars built in B class. There will be no restriction as to which class a driver has to be in based on skill level, however if one class has a lot more drivers in it than the other, then the class with very little participation may be removed entirely. Also a restriction on how many drivers can use each car may be enforced so have multiple options in mind, however please be aware that these cars have yet to be tested and some may be removed to keep balance so please do not "call" a car as it may not be there when testing is finished.

Car List
ST Class:
BMW 135i Coupe
Ford Focus ST
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Mazda MX-5 Roadster Coupe
Mini Cooper S
Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk6

GS Class:
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
BMW M3 Coupe
Chevrolet Camaro SS
Ford Mustang Boss 302
Ford Mustang GT
Nissan 370Z
Porsche 911 GT3 (997)

Event List: (Races will be run by number of laps, however the races will be approx. 45 mins)

Catalunya Grand Prix
Hockenheim Full
Road Atlanta
Suzuka Full
Laguna Seca

The day of the week this series will be run has yet to be determined. If you have any questions or suggestions then please feel free to comment and I will take into consideration any suggestions. Should make for some racing if we can garner up enough participation. Hope to see you guys on the track! Smile

Last edited by x DeadTaco x on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:34 am; edited 3 times in total
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Empty Re: Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge

Post by Plagued Almond Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:37 am

I take it depending on whether you choose ST or GS there will be a sticker you will need to display?

Just a little side note, there is not much difference between A and B class, I think that if you have them at least 2 classes apart it would be better. Of course thats just my own opinion.

Other then that it looks like a very well organized series so far Taco!
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Race Number : 18

Back to top Go down

Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Empty Re: Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge

Post by RetPetty Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:39 am

Id be interested if its ran on a sunday.

Would prolly run in one of the mustangs though i do agree with fam. Maybe a bigger gap between the classes
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 am

I like the sound of this, so, suggestions? Erm, would a midweek race suit? Wednesday maybe, or Sunday if weekend.
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:19 am

Sunday would probably be the day this is run sorry Badboy. It is due to my schedule since during the week I get home from school about 4 PM Central Time in the U.S. and i believe thats pretty late over in the U.K. so im not sure many non-U.S. drivers would race if it was a midweek race. Also I can try and make the gap a bit bigger, putting GS into S class instead, however i fear that might make whatever gap the cars have now even larger making for less balance, but i can make the gap S-B class instead.
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:59 am

I'll maybe run this but Sunday's would be a no-go for me, as we (PNUK) run a GT/Evo club series from 7 onwards, and I have to get off quite early for college next day, it looks good and if you need people to test let me know, have base tunes to some of those cars already where iv ran them before, just gives me a heads-up and ill get to work Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 am

SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by RippednTorn Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:19 am

Taco, you can count me in for sure. Any day is fine by me.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Race Number : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 pm

I agree, that their should be a bigger gap, but hte problem is simply put about half of them cars can go into S class relatively easy, the other ones have to had a boat load and a half of horsepower upgrades to get them there, I remember building an M3 for S class for the German Supercar Series and I had it pushing about 620-625 horsepower, so maybe do like...B500 and S650?
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Furthermore: You have shown up for EVERY series I have ran so far, so I can only return the favor Smile
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Sunday's OK with me as long as it doesn't start too early (similar to our Sat races would be fine) and I could stay for some "afters" as well. Also, I think the 1 class gap is a good idea as it would mean less lapping (the positions on-screen get all confused otherwise).
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 pm

Looks like you have alot of interest here and over at pnuk Smile
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:34 pm

whats the lap time difference between the GS and ST class IRL?

I've also noticed that the Mini Cooper S is missing Suspect
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:35 pm

Well looking at stats on the most recent event, the gap is about 9 seconds at that event between fastest GS and fastest ST. However im not sure how much track choice affects that
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by PWNzillaBH Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:09 am

This sounds like fun, you can count me in.
PWNzillaBH
PWNzillaBH

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:02 pm

OP updated with the addition of the Mini Cooper S to ST class, the V12 Vantage to GS class, and the track listings
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:49 am

UPDATE

Apologies guys. Have had a rather long busy week so haven't had a lot of time to spend on this. I am going to confirm a starting date after our MSM Championship is finished. That way some more time could be spent on this rather than that Razz. Also atm I am awaiting Snip's re-building/tuning of cars that stood out in testing so Razz
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:50 am

Cool! Cant wait for this to get started
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:31 pm

I haven't started tbh, plus I need them all to compare.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:57 pm

well alright. i remember you only specifically asking for the stick-outs so i can send the rest your way
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Sun May 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Taco any idea's on when this will begin? Seems like this ended before it began...
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Sun May 05, 2013 3:21 pm

The problem is lack of people, he posted something over at PNUK and got little to no response from them, which is disheartening because I was really looking forward to this series. I just thought of an idea.

Why not do both classes, but do them separately each week? Like GS for Race 1, ST for Race 2 etc etc
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Sun May 05, 2013 3:24 pm

CallMehDarkside wrote:Why not do both classes, but do them separately each week? Like GS for Race 1, ST for Race 2 etc etc

I see two problems with that.

1. It would mean he would have to lengthen the series schedule so that each class gets the same amount of races.
2. That means people would have to build two cars, other wise they will have a week where they don't race.

Personally, i say why not just do one race, and if it goes well, continue, if not, then maybe go back to only one class.
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Sun May 05, 2013 4:43 pm

well i think building two cars COULD work, however just like Bobbo said, this series really requires participation, and without it, it becomes difficult to plan anything. I don't really want to enforce single class because the CTSCC is about multi-class racing. however if worse comes to worse then that certainly is a possibility. I still have yet to send Snip any builds due to the fact that im still debating what to do with this series as far as classes go.
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Sun May 05, 2013 9:34 pm

There seemed interest from PNUK when we did the GT50 race, I was being asked about it in the lobby. Unfortunately, all I could say was that the cars were being tested and it had been put back to after our Championship was finished. Since then, the GT50 tourny has been put on indefinite hold and I've not heard anything since but I'm sure interest will pick up again once something definite has been finalised.

I certainly want this to go ahead, it sounds like it would be a great series (obviously the more entrants the better) and it would be a shame to let it drop from the original idea. I'm willing to help out, compare cars, whatever. I'm guessing you're equalling out by build? I'm obviously not as consistent as Snip (who is Question ), but I like to think I know enough to give you some positive feedback Cool .

Once you've got your car list we can start touting it about. A series like this, with an even field of cars, sounds like an easy sell to me. I'm sure we can get some numbers in ( I could post something at xplr, for example). Picking the right time to run it is the next big obstacle but cross that bridge when you come to it, I say. PM me anything I can do to help Very Happy
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum