Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Vote_lcap20%Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Vote_lcap40%Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Vote_lcap40%Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Project Cars: What view and device do you use?

+5
RetPetty
Clark GriswoId
Dominic Mako
ReadingRich
AIRAKITH
9 posters

Go down

Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Empty Project Cars: What view and device do you use?

Post by AIRAKITH Fri May 29, 2015 8:25 am

COCKPIT/HELMET & MADCATZ PRO RACING WHEEL 
FRONT WHEEL CAM TO GET FAMILIAR WITH A TRACK I DONT KNOW...
AIRAKITH
AIRAKITH

Back to top Go down

Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Empty Re: Project Cars: What view and device do you use?

Post by ReadingRich Fri May 29, 2015 9:44 am

I use cockpit cam and pad. I did think of using helmet cam but having ridden motorbikes on and off for the last 20 years I found the post box style slot far too small and not really what looking out of a helmet is like.
ReadingRich
ReadingRich

Race Number : 95

Back to top Go down

Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Empty Re: Project Cars: What view and device do you use?

Post by AIRAKITH Fri May 29, 2015 10:18 am

For everyone: you can move the seat forward or back in cockpit/helmet views (not sure about the other views) by assigning the buttons Smile and then you can change the distance of the cameras too in settings.

Last edited by AIRAKITH on Fri May 29, 2015 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
AIRAKITH
AIRAKITH

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadingRich Fri May 29, 2015 10:23 am

It was more the way you can see more of the helmet liner than you can wearing a real lid, it's like they just stuck a go pro in a helmet and said that what it looks like. It's not the view I get out of my Nolan or the AGV before that
ReadingRich
ReadingRich

Race Number : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri May 29, 2015 1:10 pm

I'm a controller user. It's on my bucket list to get a playseat and wheel/pedals, but that's not int he cards right now.

Regarding view, I usually stay with cockpit for open wheel cars, and hood/bonnet view for other cars. I find the MoTeC style display on the actual wheel is easier to read and gives more information than the little module at the bottom right of the game screen anyway.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 pm

hood view or roof view depending on car. Controller.
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Race Number : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Fri May 29, 2015 6:05 pm

I use an xb1 controller, view is incar so I can see my toes dancing on the peddles.
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Fri May 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel with Leather GT TM 28 Racing Wheel

Astro A40 Gaming Headset

InCar View with Hands and wheel turned off
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Fri May 29, 2015 7:34 pm

how do you race if your wheel is turned off. glad your hands are turned off too.
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by x DeadTaco x Sat May 30, 2015 5:10 am

I've been racing third person from day one and still do.

I use a game pad too so, makes things interesting. I've tried bonnet view and I like that somewhat but I personally feel that looking over the back of the car I can tell what the back end is doing at the sacrifice of maybe coming into a corner too sharp or wide.
x DeadTaco x
x DeadTaco x
Painter
Painter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Sat May 30, 2015 8:05 am

I pretty much change views depending on what I drive. For example, in our current FG1000 series, I am using third person camera, however when I do GT racing, I do first person (Non-Helmet). As for my device, I use a game pad.
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Race Number : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Sun May 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Project Cars: What view and device do you use? Fvbtak10

Thrustmaster TX Base
Thrustmaster 458 Challenge GTE Rim
Basherboards CPX Adaptor
Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals

In cockpit view with about a 70 FOV
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down