Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Vote_lcap20%FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Vote_lcap40%FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Vote_lcap40%FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

FM5 VM Challenge Series 1

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Empty FM5 VM Challenge Series 1

Post by Dominic Mako Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:38 pm

The new FM5 Challenge Series 1 has been posted at the webpage below.  This will be an 8 race series starting July 7.

http://www.virtual-motorsports.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=397

Drivers will be required to use all four cars posted: #007 Aston Martin DBR9, #92 BMW M3 GT2, #4 Chrevrolet Corvette ZR1, and #91 Viper GTS-R:

FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Vmchal11

The schedule for the 8 events is listed here:

FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Vmchal10

If you're interested in participating with teammates please post in this thread.  We'll try to get at least three to a team, so that when one member misses a race, the other two can still score points.  If not, we'll pair up people by twos.  Thanks.

Interest partners:
Hillcrest
Clark
Bobbo
ridin sideways

Last edited by Dominic Mako on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Empty Re: FM5 VM Challenge Series 1

Post by hillcrest34 Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:23 am

I'm in
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Ok so I got really bored and threw together a livery this, It's only on the beamer so far but if a team wants to use it I'll put it on all 4 cars

Spoiler:

I've got another one in the works as well for a second team, I'll post that sometime tomorrow my time hopefully! (hint: major sponsor is one of the minor sponsors on this car)
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:15 am

And here is the other one, I may do a few more if people want other ones done, I've kept them both pretty simple so its easy to adapt to all 4 cars

Spoiler:
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:07 pm

That DHL one is pretty slick looking.  I really like it.  If I could make a recommendation it would be to add a few more smaller sponsor logos in the usual places so it looks more like a real race car.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:59 pm

Bobbo's partaking in this series depends on my money count, I know Clark will be entering Hillcrest, so try and get ahold of him
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by B4D B0Y69 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:57 pm

CallMehDarkside wrote:Bobbo's partaking in this series depends on my money count, I know Clark will be entering Hillcrest, so try and get ahold of him

Woah, Clark will be doing what?  Suspect
B4D B0Y69
B4D B0Y69

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 pm

if he has a ponytail it should make it easier for clark
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 am

Dominic Mako wrote:That DHL one is pretty slick looking.  I really like it.  If I could make a recommendation it would be to add a few more smaller sponsor logos in the usual places so it looks more like a real race car.

Thanks dom, still a WIP, is there an MSM Logo at all, I know we used to have one in the FM4 days
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:24 pm

I'd be interested as well! I definitely could benefit from getting some peoples tunes. I will not flake!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:20 pm

We have 5 potential drivers interested so far.  With one more we'll be able to field two teams of three.  That will give each team the best chance to score maximum points, because if one driver misses a race the other two will still score points.  

We still have about a week and a half before the first race begins.  I'm curious if anyone has considered the car selection strategies yet?  My gut tells me save the M3 for when the courses have tight, low speed turns, like Long Beach, Silverstone, and maybe even Spa.  The Corvette should be saved for Le Mans.  Any other thoughts?
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:50 am

I am here to officially throw my name in the hat for drivers that WILL par-take in the VM Challenge Series. Hoping to get 2 teams of 3
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:22 am

Awesome Bobbo! make sure you sign up at VM!

So it looks like we'll have 2 teams of 2, Im pretty set on running one of the liveries that I've done, its all unlocked to me so I can share one or both but I'm happy to team up with anyone! You should know though I'm not the fastest and will most likely be in the 2nd lobby though.
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:19 pm

I think that group of 4 will be the final MSM contingent.  I'l leave it up to you guys to decide how you'll be paired up.  I know Sideways has pretty good attendance in the past VM races.  I wouldn't worry about being ultra-competitive.

In the past Clark has pretty much gone with whatever livery he gets, as long as it isn't something silly.  I think Bobbo has already started to put some work into a Snap-On Tools design as well.  I'm not sure what Sideways has been up to.

I haven't seen any discussion yet regarding the car or tune options to use at the first race.  Has anyone actually started testing for the first race?  Maybe a group test session this upcoming weekend could be arranged?
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:30 pm

I haven't started testing but, I've been thinking about car choices so far I've been thinking
Vette: Bathurst, Le Mans
Viper: Nurburg, Spa
Aston: Rd America, Long Beach
M3: Silverstone, Rd Atlanta.

Im definitely set on the tracks for the Vette considering how long you spend on full throttle on both those tracks but not 100%. 

I wont be able to make a practice session friday night but i could sat or sun night
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:04 pm

I think the vette is definitely the way to go for bathurst, but that is probably worth 1 whole grain of salt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Got the vette to 200.8 but can't get it to go any faster.

For my paint all I did was a remake of the grandsport theme with a white center stripe and 2 red stripes on the fender. I decided to do something within my limited abilities!

Definitely interested in a practice session.

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:08 pm

I will post my test results later tonight of the cars I have tested and tuned for each track. Also with their sexy looking liveries....that aren't done yet....oops
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:54 pm

All of the cars will end up looking like this, obviously the logos will change place to place depending on how I can fit them on the side skirt, or in the case of the Aston, I couldn't fit them there. It's not 100% done, but here is the Snap-On DBR9!

FM5 VM Challenge Series 1 Snap-o10
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Looking at tuning, for Bathurst I'd recommend running low aero considering that if you're going to pass someone on this track the safest, and best option is to pass on the straights. So far I'm hitting 202 through the chase. Its a little twitchy through the top of the mountain but I think I can fix that with mechanical grip rather with aero grip
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Anybody still running this?

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 pm

With the announcement that after the IndyCar/VM Challenge series are being switched. As in the next North American Series will be the IndyCar series, I will NOT be par-taking in this series, I want to get myself geared up for IndyCar while also learning to get faster. 

I also believe Dom will be doing the IndyCar series as well
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Team of 3 then?

I've been doing some more testing, I think the viper  may be my choice over the vette, purely to save it for road america
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:21 am

I find these cars to be way more fun than the indy! I would rather vintage f1 than indy. The pre series was nuts and some of the people are so ridiculously fast. I think traction and stb should be set off for these series!

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest34 Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:14 am

So we need to have team status turned in before the race, I'd propose that considering there is 3 of us we just run as Team MSM if that is ok with other members. Livery wise Im running the DHL one, I have that for all 4 cars done for it. I'm not sure what the VM requirements for team liveries are though. Clark and Sideways, if you need a livery let me know and I can do one for you, Happy to do requests as well. 

With the times that I'm running so far I'm hoping for pole in lobby 3 or not last in lobby 2. After playing with the viper I decided to switch back to the vette, I was faster over the mountain with the viper but i was just losing out on straight-line speed compared the the vette, which on this track will take priority.

My plan for the race: If I start at the back of the grid I'm going to hang back a little and wait for someone to make a mistake and move up that way. I'm expecting that all lobbies will have at least 1 safety car due to the nature of the track so hopefully i can use that to my advantage too
hillcrest34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next