Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series - Page 9 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series - Page 9 Vote_lcap40%[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series - Page 9 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series - Page 9 Vote_lcap40%[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series - Page 9 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series

+12
slasher99999
Clark GriswoId
RetPetty
x DeadTaco x
B4D B0Y69
Othelion
SimF40
Dominic Mako
SnippetyOggy86
I Am Afroduck
Plagued Almond
CallMehDarkside
16 posters

:: The Tarmac :: Archive

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series - Page 9 Empty Re: [CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series

Post by Othelion Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 pm

I'll be missing Catalunya due to my vacation to France. Hopefully my Porsche will behave better on the following tracks than on Silverstone, which seemed to be covered in ice this weekend Smile I'd be fine doing all upcoming races on Tsukuba too. It's a shame Vampira disconnected, as he was really strong this weekend, driving better than myself. Better luck in the following races mate!

As for the rolling starts, it's not easy for people without much race experience I can understand that. What you can do best is leave a bit of room at first, but not much more than 5 car lengths (no big gaps), so noone crashes as tires are warmed and such. In the last part of the warm up lap, people should stop warming tires and line up 2 by 2 as on the grid, leaving only a safety margin to avoid crashes, and no sudden movements anymore. IRL, starts are when the green light goes on, and team managers start shouting GOGOGO so everyone knows we started. Maybe someone (race leader when he hits the gas) should do so too so everyone knows.

To make it clear how it works, please watch the first 5 minutes of this video. It's the start of the WEC race at Spa this year, and it shows all the action of a warm up lap very good. The race director's voice is also transmitted, so everyone can hear his directions to the drivers and that makes it extra interesting I think.

Othelion
Othelion

Race Number : 23

Back to top Go down

[CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series - Page 9 Empty Re: [CONDENSED] Blancpain Endurance Series

Post by slasher99999 Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Looks like the work of the same aliens who abducted SimF40 back in ALMS...
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
slasher99999
slasher99999
Test Driver
Test Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:30 am

RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

I will be updating the point standings after Catalunya. So pay attention to the next post I make for Point Standings

Last edited by CallMehDarkside on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 pm

i finished bobbo....

Race 2
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Race Number : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm

As for rolling starts my experience is that you should make a gap to car in front and floor it when you see the green light. Not when the car in front floors it. Ofcourse this won't work for forza so I suggest you only floor it once you pass the start line to avoid everyone getting bunched up

Back to top Go down

Post by Om3ga73 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Om3ga73 wrote:My time: 1hr 11:34

Om3ga73 wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Mad
Om3ga73
Om3ga73

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Could say at 2mins its greenlight regardless of where u are ontrack
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I Am Afroduck Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Where's live on your list bobbo?
I Am Afroduck
I Am Afroduck
Painter
Painter

Race Number : 888

http://the-ducks-view.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:13 am

Update: Due to me re-looking into the situation, I have decided to remove the series ban of IFamilyGuy11, and have instead listed the following.

1. Removal of all points earned from 2 previous races(if any)
2. Automatic DQ from next race he enters(if any).

If you have any questions, please contact me.
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:46 am

affraid
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Whats the target time for sundays race ? Need to get some practice in
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Havn't turned a wheel yet, Crying or Very sad Will sure let you kmow when i have though

EDIT: i've just done a dozen laps and it would seem atm that the lap time range for will be mid 1:48's-low 1:49's
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:56 pm

I need to really get crackin' on a new paint for this week since we arent doing a Spotters guide i dont have to stick to the original Very Happy FREEEDOM!!!!

Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Race Number : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:05 am

Nice video Othelion! A must to see for all driver who enter the BlancPain series...

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:09 pm

I will be withdrawing from this series, good luck to everyone Smile
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:02 am

Sorry to hear that Ret. would have liked to run with you in these things.

Late night practice tonight. No work for me tomorrow, I'll be setting up a lobby prob around 930 or 10pm EST.
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Race Number : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagued Almond Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:58 am

Sad to hear Ret ;(
Plagued Almond
Plagued Almond

Race Number : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:03 am

Ill be back racing in july, just june for me is always tuff cus of fiscal year end. My typical 16 hour work days kick off next week till end of june
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Finally able to upload some pictures. the ford gt is done Smile

Last edited by Bigjame26 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Just figured id add this picture. its from the GT/LMS series way back. figured it was an awesome picture but was never able to show it. Its Myself and Clark neck and neck down the straight, was an awesome race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Small practice on catyluna yesterday with myself, xVampirAx and DeadTaco

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:33 pm

great racing with snippy and then later on against badboy, some close but fair racing for sure Smile alot of fun
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:42 pm

That was hard, Ret kept me very honest up until we pitted (no further than 500ft apart) well done mate, certainly forced a few mistakes from me, also well done to everyone that finished, i think that was our longest bp race yet.

PRO

• Snip: 1:07.36
  • bigjames: 1:08.23
  • Ripped : 1:08.23
  • mamu : 1.08.26
  • ret : 1:08.34
  • badboy : 1:08.54
  • bobbo : DNF

AM

• Vamp : 1.09.16
  • omega : 1:10.30
  • yeli : 1:12.29
  • Sim : DNF
  • evil :DNF
  • live : DNF
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:18 pm

suckerpunch lambo

still along way to go but atleast its started now.
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next