Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 5 Vote_lcap40%FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 5 Vote_lcap40%FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 5 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1

+7
d4ninho
Becoll
x DeadTaco x
consult
CallMehDarkside
RetPetty
Dominic Mako
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1

Post by RetPetty Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:07 pm

tadgerbear/IIx Entity xII  is the one who won the lobby I was in after I got spun out.
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:20 am

Yeah, he said he got rear end damage and you caught up to him but then you got caught in  a crash and he managed to get back past you, I DCed out of my race, was gutted cos I started doing pretty well, I'm looking forward to Bugatti though, hopefully up there in that 3rd 2nd lobby range, I don't think IIx Entity xII will be to far behind on this one, we just didn't get much practise in a long beach and obviously didn't know about the short shifting, plus he missed qualifying, should be fun Very Happy
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 am

man i hate bugatti so much, i might just cry the whole race,lol

no matter how i try to drive this track i hit the same times,lol
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 pm

d4ninho wrote:man i hate bugatti so much, i might just cry the whole race,lol

no matter how i try to drive this track i hit the same times,lol

Just load someones ghost who is a bit faster than you and follow them around the track, load mine up, I got a 1.50.9 that's if you're not faster than that already
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Ok, so I know I missed the first race, but I'm still having no luck with the Supra and it's loose rear. I can put down the odd good lap, but for consistency I suck. So I think I am going to have to look at the other cars. I already have a basic build for the 22B, but any help would be appreciated Wink
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:54 pm

consult wrote:Ok, so I know I missed the first race, but I'm still having no luck with the Supra and it's loose rear. I can put down the odd good lap, but for consistency I suck. So I think I am going to have to look at the other cars. I already have a basic build for the 22B, but any help would be appreciated Wink
Download my set up and tell me what you think of it, I have 3, the 22c (file name) one is the most recent and I find works pretty well round Bugatti, just remember to gear up around 6500 - 7000 rpm, I think red line is around 8000
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Will do, I'll give it a go and PM you. Hashed something together at the moment...
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:23 pm

consult wrote:Will do, I'll give it a go and PM you. Hashed something together at the moment...
Ok cool Very Happy
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:53 pm

consult i always drive grip tunes so try my supra tunes and if any close to your liking ill pop them in a message and you can tinker the bits you dont like
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look Wink
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:03 am

Thanks D4ninho, The set up did improve my times, but not as much as the 22B, and I still spun a couple of times. However, it was a lot easier to drive than my previous set up, I think I'm too heavy on the accelerator exiting corners...

So I'll take the slightly controversial route of the 22B, if that's ok with RetPetty and Becoll. The design has remained primarily the same, but due to some odd parts you can't apply vinyls, and the fact I don't think Toyota would develop a Subaru, I've had to make a couple of alterations...

Spoiler:
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Sorry I didn't make it today, had a family pet emergency with the dog Sad
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:22 am

Well, that was a fun race. Thought I'd jump on after dinner, which happened to be at 2020, see what was happening, and found everyone racing, and then discovered it was a 2000 start, so i started in the last lobby as a DNQ. So the challenge was set, and a third of the race later I was behind D4ninho, over took on the first chicane, and then went slightly too defensive for the sweeping corner, which earns me a shunt. However, no damage was done to either car, and we carried on.

Think my overall average times were around the 1.53, with lows of 1.52:3. Happy with that seen as I was running 1.55s before.

Spoiler:

Last edited by consult on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture added)
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 am

Dam you consult, the grip you had was a pain, every corner just meant you drove further away from me,lol

then i pitted and came out behind you and another AWD car,lol,  supra just could not take corners on this track so could not catch up and spent the rest of the race just following you.

and even though its last lobby i'm still claiming a pole,lol
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Pole is still pole, and it was a tough race. The good thing about the 22B is although its AWD, you can adjust it in the diff, so I have it at 20/80, so the fronts mainly keep the car on track exiting corners, while keeping understeer to a minimum. Coupled with help from Bailey, got a good setup. Although, like I said in the race, it'll fly round corners, but the straights are troublesome. The car was struggling on the first startline straight, but fine for the second straight. Just going to have to see how it fairs with Road Atlanta, might require a lot of skilled defensive driving...
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Had a horrible day yesterday, I didn't even race as I was busy at an animal ER with Jack, he has been having a very hard time walking on his rear leg and now it has transitioned to where he can't put much pressure on both rear legs at the same time.

As most of you know I am very attached to my dog and I will do whatever I can to make sure he is healthy and happy as can be. Unfortunately though I think weight and father time are starting to catch up to the little guy and I am starting to worry about him more and more every day. It's getting to the point that we have 2 little steps outside our house to enter and he can't even walk up them so I have to carry him. Hopefully I get it sorted by this week so I can race.

Again, I am terribly sorry Sad
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:01 pm

hope he gets better soon and don't ever apologise for looking after family, they come before our fun n games Smile
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:35 am

Bro, do you even know how to lag smash?!

Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:09 am

Nice vid man, I saw my swarve skills avoiding James when he spun out on the last corner Very Happy some awful lag in there glad I didn't get caught up in tbh, had a really good race with CQR aero up until he got a bit of engine damage and I pulled away, would of been really close otherwise
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 am

looked to me like he didn't brake when you did and he hit you,lol, put in a complaint get more points,lol
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:24 pm

consult wrote:Pole is still pole, and it was a tough race. The good thing about the 22B is although its AWD, you can adjust it in the diff, so I have it at 20/80, so the fronts mainly keep the car on track exiting corners, while keeping understeer to a minimum. Coupled with help from Bailey, got a good setup. Although, like I said in the race, it'll fly round corners, but the straights are troublesome. The car was struggling on the first startline straight, but fine for the second straight. Just going to have to see how it fairs with Road Atlanta, might require a lot of skilled defensive driving...
BTW bud, I dropped my rebound to 7.9 - 7.7 seems to make the car feel a little better, I dont get under or oversteer in mine, give it a try and let me know if you notice a difference
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:58 pm

what kinda times are people getting at Rd America?
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

I believe mine is on the LB.  Last night I put in 2:22.8 I think.  I think a bit of gear tuning is needed still.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Going to miss RA, which is a shame, partly because it would be a good challenge, and partly because it's one of my favourite tracks.

D4ninho (or anyone else), if you want to do some test racing today/tomorrow afternoon, let me know  Wink
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Yeah cool, ill be around tomoz about 2pm if your around jump in, i need help cant hit good times for some reason, may have to do a total overhall of the set up
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next