Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Discord Server
Chat
Poll

Which days are you available to race

FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap40%FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1

+7
d4ninho
Becoll
x DeadTaco x
consult
CallMehDarkside
RetPetty
Dominic Mako
11 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: FM5 VM Super Taikyu Series 1

Post by consult Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:18 am

The series starts tomorrow, for more information and to register, click on the link on the first post in this topic. A good idea when you register with VM, is to set your race number to the same here too  Wink
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 am

consult wrote:The series starts tomorrow, for more information and to register, click on the link on the first post in this topic. A good idea when you register with VM, is to set your race number to the same here too  Wink
Ok cool, well I've just asked for my number and my Logo so I don't know how long they will take to come through, if I have to do them myself it will take me like 2 mins cos I can't paint, im a tuner and racer :p
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:42 am

If you need a paint job, probably have to see Dominic, I'm away for this weekend now, so don't have access to my xbox to port my design over to you...

Edit:

Information on what your car design must have is here.

Last edited by consult on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information.)
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:34 am

I'm gonna give the supra a go using becoll tune but from trying out mako's it felt a little slidy so if its similar i'm gonna have to go with full grip and try not to be dead last,lol
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:10 pm

I don't know if i'll make the first race but I want to try out the Honda s2000, think ill give this a try later, I see people are lapping at low 1.29 im sure I have a 1.31 in C class, obviously in a turbo rally car so should be interesting Very Happy
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:17 pm

The series will actually start Sunday, not tomorrow.  You're welcome to join now, even if you have to miss the first event.  I would caution that you shouldn't do all of your testing at one track.

Also, if you are signed up and you are for sure missing the first race, it would be courteous to post int he Long Beach thread that you won't make it, so the room host won't be looking for you.

http://www.virtual-motorsports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=405&t=6018
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:53 pm

yeah that's cool Dom, how long does it usually take for the number and Sponsor to become registered to your name etc?
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:56 pm

The VM site should update your number in 24 hours.  If you meant on our forum, that's already been done.  You'll see it below your name in your comment on the right here.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:39 pm

I mean the sponsor that we had to choose for the cars design, I thought you needed this to race as well?
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:50 pm

On the VM series you can use any sponsor or design you wish.  There is a number board shared that is required for each side, and you'll post your number on the hood and rear bumper.  Technically, you could race with just a white car and that number board.  

The "Select your Sponsor" thread we have on our forum is just for MSM races.  That's just to try and keep people from having duplicate paint liveries, but we don't really have enough people for that to happen anymore.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tadgerbear Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:35 pm

Guess it would make sense to have the same race number for each series
tadgerbear

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Tadger and Bailey, if you are interested in joining up for the VM series just head over there and sign up!, we are always welcoming more drivers to team up with one another
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Race Number : 25

https://www.facebook.com/NsaNeZiityyy

Back to top Go down

Post by consult Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Dominic Mako wrote:The series will actually start Sunday, not tomorrow.  

Haha, oops. For some reason thought it was Saturday today  Shocked
consult
consult

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:55 am

The rx7 build is wrong, i put everything in that it says and i get 563pi but if you put the first tyre width on the front tyre on it goes to 566?
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:04 pm

CBailey87 wrote:The rx7 build is wrong, i put everything in that it says and i get 563pi but if you put the first tyre width on the front tyre on it goes to 566?
hm....your rx-7 build is wrong huh? there's a simple answer for that....

Run the Supra Very Happy
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:57 pm

A reminder to all drivers: please be sure you have VMotorsports friended on XBL.

Also, I would recommend logging in at least 15 minutes before the qually starts, then after the qually ends at minimum quit FM5 and reload the game. There will likely be a 20 minute delay between qually and the actual race, because they'll have a ton of times to sort out.

If you miss qually for some reason, you can still race, but you'll start in the last lobby.

Also, on your build, double check that you have the proper tire width. They will kick you out of the lobby if your build is not to spec.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:47 am

OMG, i once again tried a few cars and im still undecided,lol

i ran the supra and adjusted a few little bits and it feels ok but im still not sure about it as it just doesn't feel quite right.

then ran the BRZ and adjusted my tune a little and it feels more planted than the supra but of course i have been told its one of the worst to pick so some doubt in my mind about using it.

i also tried the R33 which has great grip but is slow top speed so it may be a good one for long beach but after that lag behind.

i then tried the silva s15 and its ok but has to be driven on the edge to get best out of it, good speed and acceleration but you need to keep it high revs for any performance.

Tried a subaru but even for a AWD car it doesnt grip too well, maybe its just my tune for it but i dont trust it in corners.

so there you have my dilema,lol, im slow in everything so its prob gonna have to be a lucky dip,lol
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMehDarkside Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:48 am

Today was an amazing day for MSMNation if I do say so myself, we had 3 guys from here(myself, JD, and Entinity/Tadgerbear) all win their respective Lobbies and we had Dom/Becoll running in the upper lobbies and tearing it up as well. We took it to the top teams like CQR, RSR etc and we hung with them. 

I thought Long Beach was gonna be our throw away race? With our performances today I doubt that LB will be our throw away race, because if anyone throws LB away after our performances today they are gonna have 1 hell of a series.

I drove relatively perfect today. I made 1 or 2 small mistakes but I kept the car off the "twinkies"(as LucyLou called them) and hit 1:30:0 to 1:30:4 on 33 of my 38 laps ran today. I was easily the dominant car in the D class lobby today. 

Overall I am very proud of not just myself, but of everyone involved, we had a very strong showing today and trust me people noticed, onwards to Road America
CallMehDarkside
CallMehDarkside
Reviewer
Reviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by RetPetty Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:42 am

I reported that driver as after watching the replay noticed on lap 1 he crashed at the fountain. Then drove the wrong way to get to the pits!!! Crazy
RetPetty
RetPetty
Admin
Admin

Race Number : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:58 am

I don't have a clue what lobby I was in but I DCed on lap 24/39 was gutted cos I started 8/13 and I know the celicas of CQR where in 5th and above, after most of the pits had completed I got ahead of one of them but the game crashed out, was gutted, think I may of been on for a top 5 in the race
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by d4ninho Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:46 am

Well after finally deciding on the supra,the qually went badly and i feared for the race,i started 11th in my lobby, some how i got overtaken by the last place guy on lap 1,lol, i managed to drive clean and consistent and hit my best laps times, although still way behind you guys, finally finishing 6th in my lobby, i'm pretty sure i would have finished higher but i spent 5 laps sat behind a guy i was clearly faster than due to his horrid lagging all over the road, finally he pitted but the guys in front had pulled away too far for me to catch up.

good result by lots of you guys and maybe 1 day i may even put a move in a race on some of you, look out for a white supra with castrol on the side, i'm coming for you,lol
d4ninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:55 pm

ok, going to make an effort to get a supra tune working and sign up and run this weekend.

anyone have a base tune I can work off of?
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Race Number : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:10 am

A day later than usual, but I threw together a quick video of the first race:

Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBailey87 Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 am

Dominic Mako wrote:A day later than usual, but I threw together a quick video of the first race:

Yeah I only realised because of tadgerbear/IIx Entity xII yesterday why the 22b was so slow on the straight, you have to gear up about 7000rpm, I was red lining everytime, currently got a 1.50.8 as my best time on Bugatti which is a second faster than what I was getting before I started shifting earlier, thought that only worked for the 1.6 rally engine!
CBailey87

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark GriswoId Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:58 pm

sitting at a 1:51.8 at Bugatti in the Supra.

need to find 1 whole second..... oh boy
Clark GriswoId
Clark GriswoId

Race Number : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next